ttc without the chart

Discussion in 'TTC Buddies' started by shambaby, Sep 2, 2009.

1. shambaby

shambaby hayden's personal chef

hi there, just wondering if there is anyone else out there with the same approach to ttc as me and hubby? we are ttc #1 and, for the time being at least, doing nothing more than trying to keep track of my cycle and :sex: lots!!! there isn't even a hpt in the house - hubby asked me the other day if i had got any, but then we agreed that we would only get them once af is overdue. it sometimes seems like everyone on the ttc section is constantly temping or poas and i sometimes wonder if others think i am not really seriously ttc. :shrug:

not that there's anything wrong with charting etc, but it's just not for us at the moment. i have just come off the pill, but am fairly confident that my cycle should go back to normal straight away, as it has done before, and if i'm right i probably ov'ed at the weekend. we :sex: as much as we possibly could and if i did ov, there should be a good chance we timed it well, but obviously will continue to dtd lots just in case my cycle is a bit wonky.

of course i realise that this approach may not work for us and am prepared to chart if it doesn't seem to be happening, but i think a lot of people seem to be putting themselves and their oh's under an awful lot of pressure, which i'm not sure i could handle!

2. wifenmom

wifenmom Well-Known Member

that's the approach DH and I are taking... We tried OPKs last month and it just added stress to things. we're just dtd a lot and i mean A LOT and I'll prop myself up afterward and stuff. but I didn't wanna deal with temping, charting, and stuff... I do try to pay attention to my CM and i have super reg. cycles so that's what i'm holding onto, the ol' natural hope and prayer and a lil extra fun

3. Staceiz19

Staceiz19 Mother of 2, 1 on the way

i dont chart either personally i think they're to confusing lol but that def dont make me less serious so ull get ur bfp soon :)

4. shambaby

hi ladies, and thanks for replying. it's good to know i'm not alone - sometimes i read through all the thread titles and there's nothing but people asking for advice on their charts or questions related to them. of course i realise that is the way lots of people approach ttc and have no problem with it, i can't really relate to it particularly and i kind of feel a bit overwhelmed.

i also think it can be a bit upsetting when our approach is referred to as 'ntnp', as we are not ntnp, we are very much ttc and want that bfp and a little bubba of our own just as much as everyone else.

lol wifenmom, we are also dtd A LOT, hubby doesn't know what's hit him!

good luck and hope you get your bfp's soon x

5. bw9522

bw9522 mummy to Damon

hi i am just trying to keep track of cycles and :sex: alot trying not to get to obsessed.

6. Vegas Mama

Vegas Mama Pregnant with Baby #1

I use a fertility monitor, and that's all I use. The OPKs and trying to chart were to stressful for us. Plus, I'm fairly in tune with my body and can tell right before I'm going to ovulate, so why put undue stress on the body?

7. Bexx

Bexx I'm a mum!

I'm not really interested in charting either. I get a tell-tale twinge at ovulation, so I generally know when my fertile time is and it's regular too.

I do keep an eye on my CM and I also have a cycle calender where I log AF, but that's it.

Hubby also gets particularly horny right before I ovulate. I must be giving off pheromones. :D

8. born2bamum

born2bamum v happily married

I am also just going for the laid back approach.................quite litterally. Me and DH are just going to go for it as often as we can and enjoy it as much as possible lol. No excuses now that either of us are too tired. We are just going to see if AF rears her ugly head !

Laura x

9. Liz2

Liz2 Well-Known Member

I am going for the lucky if I have sex approah!!! lol. I don't chart, or use kits or any kind of anything. We did that with our last LO and it was madness!!! I will admit that I am however addicted to POAS. Dunno why but I drive myself crazy with it!!

10. 24/7

24/7 Mummy to Sam & Abigail

Us too!! :D
    Hows it going now? xxxxx

11. kirstyderby

kirstyderby Mum of 2 TTC#3

Hi,
    do u mind if i join u guys, im not into all the charting n stuff either. Jus lots of :sex: its all part of the fun. Im taking the laid back approch 2 as i think it will happen when it happens. Who needs the extra stress. Never temped with my other 2 and dont think i would know where 2 start anyway :shrug:
    Good luck

12. shambaby

great to see there are a few of us trying to do this without the stress of charts etc, although not sure it's so stress free - have wondered more than once if a chart might help me to know where i'm at and be less confused, but not really convinced. i got to cd28, no af so did a test - bfn. decided to wait a week and test again, but the day before my planned test, af got me.:growlmad: thing is, about a week after i expected to ov if my cycle had been 28 days i noticed what i think was ewcm, so i probably ov'ed then - it was very noticable, so i'm hoping i won't need a chart to tell me what's going on - my body just might do that for me!

hi to kirstyderby, of course you are very welcome

how is everyone else doing? would love to hear your news and updates on your journeys.

:dust: to everyone x

13. kstancook

kstancook Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for starting this...I dont even know how to chart temps either. I just stopped BC and got my last period Sept 8th. My DH and I are just trying to have fun with this and try not to stress about it too. I have just finished ovulating accoring to the cycle but have no idea it I did. Does anyone fee different when they ovulate? What are the symptons? Did anyone recently come off the pill and if so how long before first AF?

14. kirstyderby

kirstyderby Mum of 2 TTC#3

AF came yesterday so will have 2 have fun :sex: nex month, Thats when we can find the time.
    Dont have a clue when cycle day is as i dont really count :shrug:
    Hope 2 hear from u all soon.

:dust::dust:

15. shambaby

hi kstancook, i came off the pill in august and got af 5 weeks later, although it was much lighter than usual, so not even sure it was a proper period. i'm pretty sure my cycle off the pill used to be 28 days, but i've been on it so long i'm not really sure. same goes for ovulation symptoms, although i did notice lots of what i think was ewcm a week after i thought i should have ovulated, but which turns out was probably when it actually happened, if indeed it did. other people have cramps or twinges, but i've never had that. it's so difficult to be sure of your cycle so soon after the pill, i think the best thing is just lots of :sex: as often as you can. every other day seems to be the most popular suggestion, but i think it could get exhausting to keep that going all month!

good luck x

16. Liz2

Liz2 Well-Known Member

Shambaby - I know what you mean about thinking the charting may help with confusion but then I see some from other people and it's like another language to me. It's weird! lol. I think I would be worse off!! I agree with the sex as much as possible. We did OPK with our last little one for months and I finally threw them out and we just BD'd every day from the end of my period til the next one was supposed to come and I got preggo that month.

Kstancook - I can tell when I ovulate. Get kinda crampy on that side. Maybe crampy isn't the best word. Sharp stabbing pains! Ugh!

AF got me on Monday and she is making sure to kick my butt while she is here!! How is everyone else?

17. shambaby

sorry af got you liz2, hope she leaves soon and you feel better. to be honest, i'm not sure that charts do help with the confusion - i have noticed so many threads from people asking what their charts mean, perhaps they only add to it. i don't know. all i know is, :sex: is the way to make a baby, so my plan is for :sex: and lots of it. starting tonight :winkwink:

18. Liz2

Liz2 Well-Known Member

Good luck!! I am sure DH won't mind at all!! lol

19. kstancook

shambaby- thanks for the info....I just want my first AF so I know it is a possiblity. Some stories out there are scaring the you know what out of me!!! Yes, we have been :sex: alot!!! I just feel so alone and worried during this time. How many days are you into your cycle now? How have you been feeling?

Liz2: what side did you get the pains? On mon and tues I had sharp pains but for only a few min at a time for a few hours? SO CONFUSED!!!

To all: I really grateful to have you all for advice and help!!

:dust: :dust: to you all!!!

20. kstancook

btw the pains were on the left side...