TTC Worst news this week

Cuddles28

Reaction score
Well what can i say? Myself and my husband have been TTC for 2 years and finally got appointments to see the doctors at the hospital for tests. We went for tests and my hubby got the all clear, they said to me obviously it'll be harder as i'm diabetic and i had the Depo injection and it would take time to come out of my system (totally fine with that) so, going to the hospital last thursday the doctor tells me i have PCOS and endometriosis. Well my world just seemed to stop totally, after all this time of trying and we get told it's going to be even harder!! Just kick me while i'm down why don't you body?? Eh?? So after trawling the internet to find out as much info as poss i need to now lose approx 2 stone in 3 months (not that i think 14st is too bad at 5"11)but the hospital says i need to get the weight shifted. I'd be eternally grateful if anyone has any ideas on how to lose the weight (i eat healthy anyway being diabetic) as we have gone to the extreme of buying ourselves bikes aswell and cycling every night for at least an hour!! Very very cold noses tho! It's also the depression i'm havng aswell i have mood swings from the pcos anyway but now it seems to be crying all the time!! I'm slowly running out of tissues in the house!! Any advice would be helpful just feel so sad after all this time. Thanks for reading sorry to blather on!!

im so sorry to hear this darlin xxx i hope your ok i didnt want to read & run take care sweetie xx

Thank you!! Just been out for a ride on our bikes so enjoying the happy endorphins at the mo! Should be ok tho just have to get over not eating as much as i'd like over xmas then back in to serious workout! LOL! xxx

Im sorry I have no advice didnt want to read and run stay strong xxxx

This article has lots of great natural things you can do.

https://natural-fertility-info.com/pcos-fertility-diet

For me, doing a natural progesterone cream shutdown was enormously helpful. You can click my Fertility friend link to the change in my cycle length. It also (I think) helped me lose some weight without doing much besides not eating fast food every day anymore.

Try searching "PCOS John Lee" "PCOS Natural Progesterone Cream" " PCOS Vitex." All things that have helped me.

Sorry about your crappy news : - ( I just wanted to say I was diagnosed with Endo about 10 years ago and I've got a nine month old so don't lose faith x There is so much useful stuff on this site and girlies always willing to listen. Good luck x

Sorry to hear about your challenges. To lose weight, you must have the right mind set. It's a change of lifestyle and you need to hang in there as it takes time. That's a lot of weight to shift in a short space of time, but you can begin by eating slightly less than usual. If you don't exercise regularly, take it slow at first. When I lost my pregnancy weight, I really found this free daily food intake and exercise manager helpful (https://www.myfitnesspal.com). However, I don't know how your diabetes would be affected - you need to be careful not to eat too little. If you're exercising, you may find yourself putting on weight for a week or two. Don't be discouraged as this is often what happens.

Best of luck. x

Some people I know have lost weight by going off of wheat. I guess wheat can mess with your blood sugar or something. Just an idea.

Hi hun - I have pcos too and it's hard :-( BUT I have a beautiful toddler so 'hard' is not 'impossible'!

I'm currently using soy to ovulate, I use natural progesterone cream to support my luteal phase and I'm in my third week of trying inositol. Inositol is a vitamin & has been related to really positive outcomes in pcos including increased ovulation, decreased sugar cravings, decreased symptoms (eg acne or excess hair) and improved moods. The only warning I've seen is for people with a history of bipolar disorder - but otherwise clinical trials are giving good results. Google "inositol and pcos" and you'll see what I mean.

Glad you're seeing someone who has diagnosed you and is willing to help you. Hope you get that bfp soon!

A low-carb diet is good for people with PCOS.

Have you ever heard of VLCD (very low calorie diet) or Meal replacement diets?
Ones like lighter life, exante, Cambridge plan etc.
I know quite a few people who have diabetes and pcos....they have done these diets, been able to come off most of their diabetes meds and got pregnant!
Apparently the doctors have said it's the low-carb AND the fact you're getting 100% vits and mins.
Could be worth trying?
I'm giving it a go to see if it'll help me get pregnant.

Hello,
Sorry to hear about your challenges. I actually have the complete opposite problem, which is, I did not have a cycle for four years due to distance running. That said, I have taken Vitex to help normalize my cycles. I hear this is also good for PCOS, so you may want to give that a try. In terms of losing weight, running is always the most efficient way to lose weight. Though it seems extreme at first, I would recommend at least an hour to an hour and half a day; I usually try to dedicate a solid 1:20 minutes a day to exercise plus weight training three times a week for an hour. I'm much healthier now.

I just wanted tot say thank you for al the advice and support! :thumbup: I'll be checking out the recommended websites and creams (this sounds like it really works) and keep updating when i have more news! So far tho i've managed to get my weight down to 14st 3lb (I was nearly 15st when i had to loose the weight!) so all i have to loose now is 3-4lbs in 2 weeks and hopefully the hospital will put me on the clomid tablets. I've been taking vitamin E vitex bee propolis and vitamin D tablets, apparently all these together are supposed to help but we'll see when i go to the hospital again on the 7th of march. Good news tho all the hard work so far with looking after my diabetes has really paid off as my hba1c (3 month blood sugar) has come down which means the hospital are more likely to give me the help and support to have a baby.
Phew!!! Sorry for the long essay, but have been so busy with new job and working really to be parents this year! LOL!! But thank you all again so much for the help and support its greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

im so sorry you got bad news but try not to be discouraged as for losing weight i found weight watchers to be brillant they helped me to lose 4 stone and go from 13st to 9. i hope this helps. x

Thank you for the support! I've had some good news this week thankfully I've been given Clomid tablets to help kickstart ovulation! :) So pleased as its shows I've been at least tryin to loose weight and gettin myself ready for a baby so happy we couldn't be more pleased we both cried at the hospital yesterday!!!! Lol! Fingers crossed there will be a bump by Xmas this year but we have spoken about other ways (ivf adoption) if this doesn't work just keepin our fingers crossed for a little one first.

Hi hun,

I dont have any advice regarding PCOS unfortunately but I just wanted to wish you luck in your journey.

Stay strong! xx

Hey Cuddles,
Inofolic (contains 2g myo-inositol and 200mcg folic acid) seems to work in women with PCOS and can be taken alongside Clomid. It has no side-effects.. I'd say give it a go if your doctor is happy x

Hey Cuddles,
Inofolic (contains 2g myo-inositol and 200mcg folic acid) seems to work in women with PCOS and can be taken alongside Clomid. It has no side-effects.. I'd say give it a go if your doctor is happy x

Fab thank you very much! Question is where do i get it from?? Is it something i can get on prescription or can i buy it over the counter? For eg health food shop holland and barrett? I should be starting the clomid in a couple of weeks as im due on my periods soon but i have had a weird thing happen recently tho not too much detail but had sort of a bleed but was brown/black for 4 days little worried as to what it could be but gong to wait til im due on again! :wacko:

Fab thank you very much! Question is where do i get it from?? Is it something i can get on prescription or can i buy it over the counter? For eg health food shop holland and barrett? I should be starting the clomid in a couple of weeks as im due on my periods soon but i have had a weird thing happen recently tho not too much detail but had sort of a bleed but was brown/black for 4 days little worried as to what it could be but gong to wait til im due on again! :wacko:

Hey cuddles,
I believe inofolic can be obtained by prescription. Otherwise, I believe it is an Italian-produced supplement. I found it online at the following websites: https://brandmedicines.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1423
https://www.webaptieka.lv/en/product/inofolic-n20-a-combination-of-inositol-and-folic-acid
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inofolic...auty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item3ccfb66060
https://www.zimseller.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110_1180_1181&products_id=17567

Hmm, not quite sure what could be causing the discharge.. you are certain that you are not pregnant right? I'd personally go to my GP if I were you.. I used to have spotting before my periods and it turned out to be cervical cancer stage 1.. Yours of course won't be nearly as serious.. All I am saying is, we should take any untypical bleeds seriously and check them out, to be on the safe side. :hugs: :flower:

Hey cuddles,
I believe inofolic can be obtained by prescription. Otherwise, I believe it is an Italian-produced supplement. I found it online at the following websites: https://brandmedicines.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1423
https://www.webaptieka.lv/en/product/inofolic-n20-a-combination-of-inositol-and-folic-acid
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inofolic...auty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item3ccfb66060
https://www.zimseller.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110_1180_1181&products_id=17567

Hmm, not quite sure what could be causing the discharge.. you are certain that you are not pregnant right? I'd personally go to my GP if I were you.. I used to have spotting before my periods and it turned out to be cervical cancer stage 1.. Yours of course won't be nearly as serious.. All I am saying is, we should take any untypical bleeds seriously and check them out, to be on the safe side. :hugs: :flower:
Fab! Thank you! I'm going to do a pregnancy test tomorrow if i still haven't started my periods as i'll be a few days late by then so fingers crossed for a positive! Yeah i'll get myself down to the docs if theres no sign of periods or pregnancy just to make sure everything is ok! :)

Periods finally started (9 days late) so things are now starting to look up as have been taking the clomid and still having the acupuncture along side them. Fingers crossed this month or next and we'll get a positive on the test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->