TTC'er in need of any helpful info

bb12vball

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
This is my millionth month ttc it seems but after taking a break from ovulation strips i decided this month to try them again. So...yesterday morning (saturday) i got a bright positive OPK as well as the same for the afternoon test. This morning (sunday) i also got a bright positive opk, but now this afternoon test the line was lighter than the control line. From the instructions im reading for my OPK's it says that my best chance of pregnancy is having sex after 24 hrs of 1st positive opk and no more than 48 hours. Is this correct? I got instantly bummed when i got the negative opk this afternoon bc i assumed that meant i had already ovulate, am i correct? I know that it's said that after you ovulate you can continue to BD but in regards to ttc, it's kinda pointless. So since i got the negative opk about an hour ago, do i still have some time to to ttc or am i out of my window? please help!!!!

The time each person ovulates is slightly different- most information says 12-36 hours after the positive OPK. The egg then takes some time to travel the tube and can meet the sperm along the way.

It's best to BD when you see the positive OPK, but there is a chance that if you have it after that you'll still catch the egg. A negative OPK following the positive doesn't mean that you haven't ovulated yet, it just means that your LH surge has finished.

Are you tracking your bbt & cm too? I find that gives me much more reliable information than using OPKs!

If you've been ttc for a long time it probably wouldn't hurt to check in with your doctor either and ensure that everything is working as it should be!

i didn't track bbt or cm this month. bummer. i was just assuming that since i got my first opk yesterday morning and then my first negative this afternoon that was about 32 hours so i assumed that meant i already ovulated but wasn't sure.

i am scheduled to have an hsg, where dye is injected into tubes to make sure they are open. hopefully all is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->