tuberculosis vaccination

mickey

Reaction score
are your getting your baby/did you get your baby inoculated?

This has stopped for most people.....you are only offered it depending on what sort of area you live in! The new programme was introduced in September this year, although we found out in February when we had Alfie.

"The World Health Organization estimates one person is infected with TB every second. It kills two million people annually, mainly in poorer nations. Although cases of TB have grown in recent years in the UK, these have mainly been concentrated in immigrant groups and the homeless.

In England, there were more than 6,000 people diagnosed with the disease in 2002 - up 25% over the last decade.
There are also around 350 deaths from TB each year in England. But TB rates in the white population have been falling, and evidence suggests that schoolchildren are at lowest risk".

That was taken from the BBC website............the whole article is below:

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4655355.stm

I heard pepole discussing 'bout getting it when you live in London as there are so many immigrants from all over the world living here.

I do not know whether to get it or not!

I heard pepole discussing 'bout getting it when you live in London as there are so many immigrants from all over the world living here.

I do not know whether to get it or not!

It depends in which part you live, London is a big place ....so some areas may offer it, but there are not immigrants everywhere. The general rule of thumb is, if you get a letter given to you at the hospital once you have had baby then it is because of the area you live in. Alfie didn't need it.

no, did not get a letter @ hospital and the HV just informed me 'bout it!

possibly our area is fine, but what if sb with tuberculosis is coughing on baby on the tube e.g.?

Thinks it's best to be safe Mickey. Did your HV give you any more info on it and what he/she thinks is best?

she said if we are likely to travel to countries, were there is a high rate of tuberculosis she recommends the vaccination.

and she said she got her children inoculated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->