• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Tumble dryer seriously creases clothes?

L

Laura--x

WHY?!?!!?!? :hissy:

We have a washing machine and dryer in one.. theres 2 dryer settings, high dry and low dry, then the rest like Store dry, airing, 120 minutes,60 minutes ect ect ect.

We put it on low dry, then 60 minutes, check it, if its still damp but it on for another 60 or 30 minutes depending how damp it is.. but all the clothes ALWAYS come out seriously creased, like so creased that its hard to iron the creases out of some things :dohh:

People have told us over and over its because its too hot, but i don't see how as its on low dry??

Anyone know what to do? LOL

do you use dryer balls? or bounce sheets? they might help. ballsare meant to make drying time less too so may save you money :D

xXx

Because you leave them in too long? Or they're not meant to be tumble dried?

Try using a tumble dryer sheet to see if it makes a difference?

I don't leave them in too long, i usually get them out whilst they are still slightly damp then air them on the drying rack..

and its just normal everyday tops and jeans and stuff which i thought was all ok to iron?

May have to try some sheets then.

you put too much in?? thats when mine creases x

also jeans, shake them and then put them in x

Too much in

Too much heavy stuff in one load rather than a mixed wash of heavier clothing and lighter

Use sofener in your washes

Old dryer

Take out and fold as soon as you can pref when stuff is still 'warm'

I used to have a Hotpoint washer/dryer.....I promise you, 'Low' on that was waaaaaaay hotter than 'High' on my now standalone tumble dryer.

And it didn't help that it was a condenscing dryer, ie unvented....since we switched to a vented dryer, things are so much better.

mines is like this now a murder for oh shirts and trousers! Can only do megans stuff. Radiators are constantly covered up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"