Tummy bug in the house

amy1234

Reaction score
Bleurgh.

My partner was up all night with sickness and is now bed ridden with achy limbs and temp.
I've got diarrohea, nausea and dizzy.
Lo (4 months) has just projectile vomited up her whole feed. She's never been sick before do you think it's the same bug? What do we do for lo?

I would call your GP or HV. i think we all had this bug before xmas but managed some how to avoid LO getting it, but i did ask my HV what we would do if he did get it, she said just make sure keep fluids going in, so if sicking up feeds, give cooled boiled water, might be easier to keep down, but dehydration the key thing to watch out for. Keep an eye on nappies, make sure they are wet.
when we had it, I had it first and then my OH got it, was horrid! hope you are all better soon.

Thanks! Is a nightmare as can both barely move to even see to her. Hopefully it's a quick bug....

I just had this, started during the night on Sunday and couldn't get out of bed yesterday except to run to the toilet. I am feeling much better today so if it is the same you should be okay after a couple of days. You got anyone that could help out with lo? I had to get her grandad to take her yesterday as I couldn't do anything for her :cry:

we had this over christmas, charlie was hospitalised with it, mainly because he had it so severely and won't take a bottle so we had no way of getting fluids in to him and he ended up being fed through a tube. Just make sure you're all washing and antibac'ing your hands, change all the towel in your bathroom and keep an eye on lo's soft spot, if it starts to look sunken call the doctors. You can give you lo dioralyte if they'll take a bottle which will help rehydrate and replace electrolytes lost through sickness and diarreah (sp). As long as you're still getting wet and dirty nappies all should be well. I hope you all are better soon x

we had this and my lo got it a couple of days after. Hes still go dioreah now after a month and its caused temporary lactose intolerance as sometimes after a virus the gut lining gets destroyed and lactose in milk seeps through. Hes fine though happy and its got much better on its own but im told i can give him lactose free milk for a week just to build his tummy back up. Ive told you this just in case he has it for a long time you know what it could be its normal and nothing to worry about. He was taking all his bottles though and is fine in himself. They say dont worry as long as hes taking fluids. They also advised me to give him a little water now and again...if he didnt drink it they told me to put full sugar robinsons juice in just a tiny drop diluted well in cooled boiled water.

Google dehydration symptoms just to be on the safe side.

x

ps the bug only lasted a day with us....felt a bit tired day after but could cope x

if you have a medicine syringe you can give cooled boiled water through that just a small amount at a time

like others have said wash your hands before you touch lo and keep seperate towels then wash on a 90 or 60 to get rid of the germs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->