Tummy pain and tight/hard bump - what is it?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Maid Marian, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Guest

I was in the shower today and got a mild pain in my tummy, not too bad, but very annoying, and my bump got really hard. What might this be? I'd just eaten a big meal, so is it just indigestion?

2. stucknthecity

stucknthecity Pregnant with # 1 !

Sounds more like braxton hicks contractions which are really just practice contractions.

3. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

braxton hicks by sounds of things ive never had tham yet x

4. CandyApple19

CandyApple19 Pregnant with #3, PAL.

i agree, they can be uncomfortable, not because they themselves hurt, because when your tummy tightens your muscles get stretched with it on the sides and it kinda pulls.

5. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Guest

argh! Is this ok? Should I be worried, or is it normal?

6. Babbs34543

Babbs34543 Well-Known Member

Sounds like braxton hicks contractions. I've read theres nothing to be concerned about unless your having several within a short time (this is just my readings, if you are concerned deff seek a medical opinion). Myself, i have had a few here and there for a week now and i'm super early...for myself i know i will be bringing this up at my next OB appt.

7. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

noo totally normal x

8. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me. Every so often, my uterus seems to contract/go hard. It doesn't hurt, but feels a bit odd. I'm not too concerned as it's only happened once or twice. If you start getting a lot or are getting a lot of pain though, I'd check it out with doctor or midwife just to be sure.