Tummy sleeper?

jojo2605

Mom to Sam & Dylan
Reaction score
I know it is strongly recommended for your LO to not sleep on anything but their backs but my LO just will not settle if laid on his back. If I put him in his cot on his back he screams blue murder until I pick him back up again. He's not a great sleeper full stop but the only way to get a decent stretch out of him is to place him on his tummy.

I do have a motion sensor on the baby monitor and that has helped me to relax about it as I'd know if he was to stop breathing.

I was just wondering if many others shared this problem? I'm scared to tell my HV (should I ever see her! she doesn't come often) in case she tells me off!!

x

My LO is always on her tummy for sleeping.. Once she could roll over, there was no stopping her!

How is your LO's head control? If he can lift his head clear of the ground then I wouldn't worry as he should have the strength to move if something stops him breathing properly. My LO often sleeps more or less with her face down against her matress but she's ok!! I know she can easily move if she needs to.

It's only really discouraged when they can't lift their heads well.

My LO sleeps on her side with a small pillow, its the only way she will go to sleep. She rolls onto her back when she's waking up, so I know she's fine. She's always slept on her side since birth, and I got a rollocking off the Doc and HV for doing it, but she's fine, my son was a belly sleeper and my other daughter was a side sleeper too!

Glad I'm not the only one! Sam has really good head control, he can lift it clear off the floor and has a good nosey about!! Hehe! Tbh I think his good neck strength can b attributed to the fact that for various reasons he has slept on me alot and so uses his neck a lot more than if he were put down on his back more. I think this might also b why he likes lyin on his tummy?

I can understand why the guidelines r there n everyone should follow them if possible, but sometimes our LOs just don't fit into the normal do they!

my daughter slept on her front from day one, i always had the baby monitor out, i didnt want her sleeping on her back all the time and getting a flat head so she slept on her front and sides :) shes 6 months old now and fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->