Tummy sleeping?

colesmom

expecting#2
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you put your baby to sleep on their tummy, and how old they were when you started doing that. I am so tempted to let him sleep that was because thats what he likes, but so scared of what might happen. Thanks

He slept chest to chest with me from day one then on his front in his cot from 3 months, It is the only way he would sleep x

just to say, i know they say not to but in the SCBU in the hospital alys was born in they had her sleeping on her front in the incubator from birth! something to do with comfort and they way they were in the womb?? but they saud not to at home cos they have monitors and things, but i know a few people who have put their babies on their fronts to sleep from birth and a few years ago that was the THING to do

xxxx

i did it from 1 month as its the only way he would sleep. i did watch him closely and use monitors in the crib (he had outgrown moses basket by 2 weeks). he also had good control of his neck muscles and could lift his head by that point.

Olivia used to sleep on her back or side whilst being swaddled but I have hd to stop swaddling her since she has begun to roll to sleep on her tummy. I did try for a few nights turning her over onto her back but everytime I went back to check on her she had flipped back onto her tummy!

I just let her sleep on her tummy now if she wants to but I have an angelcare monitor which eases my mind xxxx

both my older 2 slept on fronts even though told not to. i had the sensor pad monitor and i told the HV that was how they slept and only way they would sleep and she just said its not advisble but its my chpice.

blake is happy being swaddled on back at mo, the others wernt.

Freya has slept on her front from 8 weeks old. It's the only way she would sleep and I spent the first 2 weeks she did it waking up and checking her all the time! She can't roll over herself yet so I'm still putting her down on her front.

My baby has been on her front since the day we got home from the hospital!.. it is the only way she will sleep, I tried to swaddle her and put her on her back.. but she would grunt and moan.. and always get loose then she would keep smacking herself awake haha.. and like sophie C said a few years ago it was recommended that they were on their tummy!.. I have an angel care monitor as well so that helps lots!

David slept on his back until about 7 1/2 months, when he started rolling over onto his tummy to sleep. Even if he's half asleep when I put him down in the crib, he always rolls onto his tummy! I think a lot of babies like it that way.

my lo always sleeps on her front as soon as she could turn she slept on her front! and tbh honest that was about the time she slept through! maybe a coincidence maybe not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->