Tummy time?!

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by heather91, Apr 21, 2009.

1. heather91

heather91 Preggers with 2nd

Tiffany absolutely HATES being on her stomach. If I put her on it for even a second she'll cry and scream. Just a bit worried that this might stop her strengthening certain muscles or something? She does seem quite strong. She can hold her head and take her weight on her legs and everything, bats and kicks her toys, etc. Anyone else had this? xx

2. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Me!!!! I was going to do a post actually but I don't need to now. Charlie is exactly the same x

3. heather91

heather91 Preggers with 2nd

Oh good (or bad, whichever lol)! At least she's not the only one x

4. Sovereign

Yeah, I just wonder how he's going to learn to crawl if he won't go on his front. x

5. caggimedicine

caggimedicine Mummy to Harry

Harry is exactly the same. He HATES being on his tummy. I put him down and he just starts crying. I've tried everything. I'm not worried about his neck muscles, as he's getting very good at holding his head for quite a long time now. I'm more concerned about his arm muscles and how he's ever going to get to the point of lifting himself up to crawl.

6. candeur

candeur Well-Known Member

Seren's exactly the same, I've tried everything but she just hates it, full stop.
    I'm not sure what to do abotu it anymore, I think she may be more comfortable once she can roll on her stomach herself so she knows she's not so stuck there.

7. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

Byron has only just started to like tummy time. He can go about 10-15 mins now on a good day. It's really very recent. He has always had particularly good head control and upper body strength despite hardly any tummy time earlier so I don't think you need to worry.

8. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

AJ was like this, he had a whole 5 mins tummy time yesterday!! :wohoo:

I just kept popping him on his tummy every now and then (not everyday and only once), had toys, sang songs, lay next to him.

Some babies just dont like tummy time.

9. malpal

malpal Mummy to 3 girlies!!!

Lexie hated it, to the point where she would just put her face flat on the mat until i HAD to move her. I tried her on her tummy today and it was the first time she's not cried and she's 18 weeks. I would just keep trying every so often xxx

10. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

often babies don't like it, i would try, and if they don't, give it a couple of days, try again, eventually they get used to it :D x

11. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

rhys goes bright red and just makes a ridiculous straining crying noise, like its really uncomfy. i dont bother doing it very often he can hold his head pretty steady and has started grasping toys now.
    x

12. mari72

mari72 Well-Known Member

My little girl hated tummy time until just recently, she's started sitting with the aid of pillows and when she inevitably loses her balance she invariably ends up on her tummy and is quite happy there for a while anyway, she's managed to roll herself back onto her back too. I guessed that the fact she's not being placed face down helps her enjoy it more and work out what to do. But i was beginning to worry a bit until this happened.

13. Dani_b

Dani_b Expecting number 4 🤰🏼❤️💙❤

once they learn to roll over onto their tummys they will enjoy it tummy time a lot more

14. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

Funny I just changed my name on msn to something about my little guy hating tummy time.
    He's only 3 weeks though, so I'm not sure if it's normal for him to scream his head off.. He loves showing how well he can hold up his head when he's leaning on my chest, but HATES tummy time on his mat!!

15. caggimedicine

caggimedicine Mummy to Harry

This is what Harry does. He just screams into the padding of the mat he's on whilst i'm crawling around him with rattles and stuff saying in a really enthusiastic tone "wow look Harry look!" I end up just picking him up and the only result from tummy time is a big patch of dribble left on the mat where his mouth was.

16. freckleonear

freckleonear Crunchy mummy

Aaron absolutely hated tummy time when he was little, he would scream non-stop as soon as we put him down until we picked him up again. It wasn't until he was almost crawling that he decided it wasn't so bad after all (he didn't crawl until nearly 10 months though).

I wouldn't worry, keep trying her occasionally and one day she may surprise you.

17. Samantha675

Samantha675 Maybe baby #3?!?

Brenn hated being on his tummy as well. He is just fine.

18. Sovereign

LOL this is what happens with charlie! x

19. Fossey

Fossey Mummy to Larissa

Liss didn't like it at first, and even now doesn't stay there long. I leave her there until she starts to winge and then pick her up, as I don't want her to associate it with having to scream before she gets picked up.
    She goes a bit longer now than she did at first. I just persevere :)

20. lollylou1

lollylou1 Mummy to Belle and preg

Annabelle used to only ever sleep on her tummy but at tummy time would scream house down, like others have said Annabelle is now 20 weeks old and is only now just tolerating it but still not for very long

Lou
    xxx