Tuna

Beautywithin

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I have a real craving at the moment for pasta tuna with mayo and sweetcorn.. i have already had it once this week. and thinking of having it again for dinner tonight! why is tuna so bad?? my mw never explained and do you think its wise i have it again...

xx

Tuna isn't so bad if it's from the tin, I think it's something to do with the levels of Mercury it contains. Most fist has a certain level of mercury but Tuna along with Marlin etc has the highest levels.

You are allowed about 2 small cans per week though x

yeh hollyjadebear is right it is because it contains mercury , you are allowed 2 fresh tuna steaks or 4 tins or at least that is what my mw said , i have a thing for tuna mayo and cucumber baguettes .x

i thought eating albacore would be better for baby but oooh no. im glad i researched. it has more mercury than chunk light.

I was told no more than 4 tins, I'm sure a little of what you fancy will do you good :thumbup: xxx

i ate loads of tins worth every week with amber, probably why shes a clever girl

I have a tuna sandwhich once a week but it has to have prawn cocktail crisps all crunched up on top :lol: its not a craving, i've done it since i was 16 :blush:

Yesterday i had
Lettuce, spring onion, peppers, cut up jacket potato with a bit of salad cream and on top lots of pawn cocktail crisps mmmmmmmmmmmm i want another one!!!

Well if you're allowed 4 of those small tins a week, thats 4days you can have tuna mayo and sweetcorn, and you can probably make 2 servings out of one tin, so basically you can have a bowl of it everyday!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->