"Turkey Baster" Method

apreslaube

Reaction score
Hi all.

So... basically I hate sex. It hurts and I have no desire. My husband has, I think erectile dysfuntion. As a result of that and my lack of desire in the bedroom leads him to never "finish." :nope:

We are going to try the "turkey baster" method, with him finishing in a condom and me using a oral syringe (the one without a bulb).

Has anyone tried this? Have you conceived using it? I have heard that achieving orgasm with the semen on the cervix helps, but is that a necessity? I cannot do that, so I want to make sure that I can actually conceive without that step.

Thanks so much!

I suggest he deposits into a SoftCup, not a condom as the condom has spermicide, and then you can either 1. Insert the SoftCup inside with all the specimen or 2. Use the syringe method to suck up the specimen from the SoftCup and then insert it close to your cervix.

Women have said that when using the syringe method, you don't get all of the specimen as opposed to just inserting the SoftCup with all the contents inside. :)

Good luck!! :dust:

Thank you DandJ for your reply. I had not thought of a softcup. I might try that next cycle. The condoms we have are Lifestyles Skin (I have a latex allergy), and they do not contain spermicide.

Ooohh, well then, Fx! I have used the SoftCup to prevent leakage and it works wonders :D

Can i just ask how do you insert a soft cup? Im interested in useing one but dont have a clue how you pit one in

My Oh and I used the cup and medicine syringe method as we are two women and used a donor. It worked pretty well. We used a sterile cup as I didn't want to use a soft cup, but if possible I would recommend one of those rather than a condom because you can just out the soft up right up there rather than needing to use a syringe to suck the little guys out of the condom. They can be damaged that way. Although it can and does work for many people. Worked for us sucking them out of a cup. But with a soft cup you cut out one step and it's a bit easier. I did not orgasm after and it still worked. I've heard it can help to suck the swimmers up into the cervix, but they pretty much know what to do without that lol.

Best of luck!

I used a softcup this cycle because my husband and I were at my parents house, he was leaving the day before I o'd to fly back early, and we had to sneak around while everyone was up and about that morning. We'll see if it worked...

The directions look scary but it is actually easy to insert. Once you put it up there the softcup kind of magically fits in place.

Softcup all the way. We tried the condom method+syringe for 6ish months, no good. Softcups we tried for about 3 months; first month nothing, second was a chemical, and now this third has been a success so far. :)

He'd finish in the cup, I'd add conceive plus to it then syringe+insert, put the cup in after for about an hour max.

Good luck!

Softcup all the way. We tried the condom method+syringe for 6ish months, no good. Softcups we tried for about 3 months; first month nothing, second was a chemical, and now this third has been a success so far. :)

He'd finish in the cup, I'd add conceive plus to it then syringe+insert, put the cup in after for about an hour max.

Good luck!

Thanks for the insights! If the cup is in too long does it damage the sperm? Also can I use the cup right after BD to keep my husbands deposit in? He gets a little shy about making deposits anywhere except traditional DB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->