Turkey bologna

Ele3085

Reaction score
I am craving sandwich meat and had a turkey bologna sandwich earlier , but I googled it and am reading mixed reviews about it , some say heating it for a minute makes it ok and others say avoid deli meat during pregnancy .
Advice?

Always just heated it until it was hot. Both my pregnancies have been okay.

Hiya!

Yes, i'd say it would work with all deli meat, just heat it through first.

We don't have the same guidelines in the UK as the risk of infection from deli meats is very low.

Ox

I craved deli subs a lot in my previous pregnancies. When I would buy one I would just have it toasted and never suffered any ill effects from it. I'm sure that the bologna would be fine as long as you heated it.

I think if you're in the US, yes, the recommendation is to heat it. Hot turkey bolonga sounds awful though honestly. In the UK, there are no issues with cold meats usually as long as they are properly stored and I've not avoided anything and I've never heated any of it.

Man reading this thread has made me crave a toasted sub big time! Doesn’t help that I’m fasting for my GTT test tomorrow. I reckon directly after I leave pathology I shall be finding my way to the nearest subway for a sandwich! Haha! Thanks ladies!

I think if you're in the US, yes, the recommendation is to heat it. Hot turkey bolonga sounds awful though honestly. In the UK, there are no issues with cold meats usually as long as they are properly stored and I've not avoided anything and I've never heated any of it.

It does , so I'd probably have to heat it then let it cool down so it's not hot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->