Turning head whilst feeding

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by tu123, Jan 25, 2011.

1. tu123

tu123 Well-Known Member

Anyone elses' LO do this? Tossing and turning of head whilst feeding with a bottle. LO is 3 mths old and she gets EBM/Formula and it is the same with both feeds.

Is it a habit? Does she not really want it (she its eat though!)?

2. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

yes my LO does it, little monkey

3. kellis

kellis mum of 2

Glad it's not just my lo! She has been doing it for about 3 weeks, sometimes constantly pulling on and off although i know she's hungry, and it drives me nuts when doing night feeds. I've started sitting her more upright when i feed her and she seems to be doing it less though that might be coincidence? I did wonder about teething? By the way our lo's were born on the same day :flower:

4. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Omar was the same when he's tiny, soo nosey & wanted to look around while feeding. I used to feed him in our bed with little distraction & on our bed on a pillow to move the bottle around while he's feeding.

5. woodr

woodr first time mum

OH MY GOD

my little one is the same its drivin me mad! i just dont know what 2 do. i was wondering if she needs the bigger teats now?

any advice??x

6. OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice Mummy to Evie

My LO does it, i find its when she needs to burp :)

7. Red Rose

Red Rose Well-Known Member

Hehe, yep my LO does it too! Normally when something has caught her attention x

8. dizzymeg

dizzymeg Well-Known Member

yep olly does it too, driving me potty!!

9. FLUMPY1984

FLUMPY1984 Well-Known Member

Rylan does this...hes just over 4 and half months old. Hes just nosey. Hes also started to grab the bottle and try to put it in himself lol x

10. icy1975

icy1975 Lucy's mummy, aka Sarah

Lucy does this! she gets distracted by anything, even the shiny door handle! If she's really really hungry after a good sleep she'll feed without too much wriggling but if she's only just hungry and isn't sure if she really wants it she turns her head all sorts of ways and really wriggles around

11. Murphy98

Murphy98 Well-Known Member

yeah - mines been doing this for about a month. We have decided that it means a) he's distracted and if there is music or something else on we turn it off or b) he's not hungary any more. Sometimes if I know he hasn't eaten enough I feed him in his baby bjorn carrier while swaying gently and that usually does the trick. Maybe the position helps him focus....? Silly bug :haha:

12. jojo_b

jojo_b Well-Known Member

Fin has just started it but I think it's his teeth and he's trying to get the teat to press on his gums. Sometimes it does seem to be when he needs to burp or wants to sit up though. Ah god knows! Pesky little monkey :blush:

13. Memphis

Memphis Well-Known Member

My LO was doing this but we have recently switched her to the next level in nipple size and seems to of helped. She will still do it if someone walks in to the room while I am feeding her but not near as much. I think she was jsut getting bored with how long it was taking to feed????

14. lrxjessica

lrxjessica Well-Known Member

My LO does this. He also kicks around and flings his arms around all excited, sometimes ends up hitting the bottle out of my hand. Then he freaks out because his bottle disappeared.

15. stepmummy

stepmummy Well-Known Member

LO does this loads. I find dipping her dummy in teething powder works if she seems a bit irrtated by the bottle.

I've started emptying the sachets (nelsons) into an airtight container. they are expensive and this way they last so much longer. except i look like a drug dealer when sorting out my white powder!