TV

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Layla, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

This might sound really stupid...but

Do you think certain things you watch on tv can make you more emotional/down.

I am such a wreak at teh mo, crying all over teh place and feeling very low most of the time, i was watching Maury today (as i do everyday) and i suddenly got alot worse.

Then i realised, all of his shows are about girls trying to prove there ex's of being there babys dad, or about people confessing to cheating, people splitting up and being hurt. There is very rarely anything uplighting on there.

Do you think its possible that me watching 2 or 3 shows of him a day (yes im a day time TV freak) is making me feel alot worse than i really am?

Just trying to figure out why im like this, so this may be a stab in the dark but hey..

x

2. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

I'v been like that at the TV lately Layla ... When I seen 9/11 on the news yesterday & realised the date I had tears in my eyes in a split second I know it svery tragic but your heart usually just feels for these kind of things ... then Jeremy Kyle show this morning .... felt all emotional too and it was pretty pants :lol:

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

hmm i might lay off watching his programs then for a few days and see what happens, havent been able to stop crying since last night, Coby woke up at 12.30 and didnt go back to sleep untill 5 and in that time i watched his program, was thinking all kinds of horrible stuff :( watched him twice today too lol

Then scrubs came on and i suddenly feel alot better!

x

4. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Awww your probably tired too Layla with 3 kiddies to look after too I wouldn't be surprised :hugs: Tired makes emotions more sensitive I'm sure and on top so does pregnancy ... fcuked really aren't we on that score generally lol

5. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

yep! lol

I havent been tired for a while now but the last few days its really kicking back in, my body at teh end of the day feels like a dead weight

x

6. Lucy

Lucy Well-Known Member

oh definitely, I am sure I read somewhere about in the treatment of depression programmes like that would be avoided and replaced with upbeat make you feel good stuff.

Take a break from watching it and see how you feel, maybe that's what led you to be paranoid about Jase seeing someone? If you're watching it over and over again perhaps subconsciously it was becoming real life?

Put the Tweenies on!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Wobbles

Wobbles WoBbLeWoBbLe
    Administrator

Tweenies!

LOL

8. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

yeah i was thinking that about the Jase cheating thing, i do watch the program so much and its always about lie detectors, cheating and paternity tests, nothing happy atall lol

I am trying to get Coby in to TV more (prob not a good idea i know) so i will try putting the kids channels on all day, see if that helps lol

x

9. Suz

Suz ~ I are a Nerd ~

If I watch something really bummy I feel like crap all day. Im a dweller. If I watch something exciting Im very hyper all day.

10. Lil_Baby_Boo

Lil_Baby_Boo Well-Known Member

I had to stop myself crying at the SMA advert :blush: I have to leave the room now or turn the TV over if it comes on now!

11. Tilly

Tilly Guest

lol, is that the one with the little shoes by the door? that made me feel a bit teary lmao, ssh though..:blush:

Layla, when I was pregnant I would cry at blimmin anything.. I could have probably watched the Tweenies and still found reason to cry, it's just the hormones all over the place. I kept watching those midwife/birthing programs too and everytime a baby was born I would touch my tummy and think OMG then start really crying. It seems funny now lol, but at the time I was so emotional. Your body is going through so many changes and you have a little person in there, you're bound to have some weird thoughts, feel less confident, get a little paranoid even..

Hope you're ok, and yes watch something a little lighter! those chat shows are enough to get anyone down.. :)

12. Lil_Baby_Boo

Lil_Baby_Boo Well-Known Member

Yep, Thats the one!!

13. ablaze

ablaze lucky mum of one of each!

i still get emotional at tv! im forever welling up at soaps amd adverts (oxfam ones especially!) but i do agree with "reality chatshows" bringing you down!