TV

pichi

TTC on hold
Reaction score
ok - was just watching the TV saying about how letting your little ones watch tv can be bad for them in the long run..

now Pixie likes to watch the TV for say an hour maybe? a day... i feel kinda bad :wacko: so do you let your LO's watch and if so how long?

We have ours on in the background but Callum doesn't really watch it,sometimes if a song or tv theme comes on he'll stop what hes doing and watch but then he'll go back to playing when its over. Everything in moderation I say xx

My HV told me that Aymen should be having 'NO SCREEN TIME WHATSOEVER UNTIL HE IS 2''....

....However i have decided to ignore her. I let LO watch approximately an hour of TV a day, i dont feel guilty about it, he loves watching the bedtime hour at 6pm on CBEEBIES, altho he only watched 30 mins of it cos of his bath.

No TV for my LO. I've read the studies and there's zero reason for him to need any TV.

We used to let our LO watch In the Night Garden (30min) at 6:00pm BUT have dropped it because looking down the road to when he's at daycare...I don't want any of our home time in the evening to be spent watching a tv show, so I thought best to drop it as a habit. We still let him watch it now and again though - if he's had a busy day out for example.

In general, I half watch the news and one or two other things when we are home - but I try to keep him otherwise amused and turn it off if he's watching it.

:coffee:

see, i usually have it on in the background if we are playing but she rarely watches it if we are playing iykwim?

the only time she will properly sit an watch is for around 10mins or so while i get my breakfast ready and she has a play in her jumperoo. she doesn't really get TV in the evening and if she was to not watch the TV it wouldn't bother her so i guess we're ok?

I have it on as background noise but all she 'watches' is timmy time and big cook little cook so ide say about 20 mins a day.
Xx

Ha oh dear i must be a bad mummy then!!

As you well know Amanda Leo already has a tv in his room,yet its very rarely on.Only when he gets up and im getting showered and organised he gets bunged in his cot and he watches dora or timmy time etc.

As for the livingroom,my telly is always on wither on my programmes,Leo's programmes,Lexie's baby tv or Daddykins is on the xbox.So it would be imposible to restrict Leo's intake of tv.Leo watches some,plays with toys ,plays with me and has a rare old time when were stuck in doors!

My 3 year old neice has a tv in her room and sometimes she is glued to it and sometimes she doesnt take much notice but she is a smart cookie,she can come away with full story books word by word thats she's heard on telly!Yeah some might think thats bad but in my eyes she's learning and developing right so :thumbup: from me!!

You deprive a child of something,their only gonna want it more and take advantage.

Pixie will soon let you know if she does or doesn't want to watch so dinnae be worrying!!

to be honest mine loves the tv so he does watch it quite a bit but i do make sure to still interact with him and point things out etc.......

This thread pops up now and again. I let Jake watch television. It's always on in the background.
He gets tooooo bored to sit there all day watching it. He watches it in little bits then has a huuuuge break inbetween where he plays or something.

:flower:

Well we watch Chugginton in the morning just before LO has a nap. Lil sits in my lap and we both have a bit of Chug'.

These studies get generalised-especially if you are talking about the item on The Vanessa show earlier.

Kids DONT NEED it, but i dont see how 20mins will make much difference.

Am I cruel? I left LO watching the 6o'clock news the other day so I could get my dinner in peace. He'll watch anything but doesn't know kids TV exists yet.

nicole had a facination with masterchef australia, csi or anything where the people on where facing her as such. she luvs sky news to as she thinks they are talking to her.

my son used to always watch "art attack" and is now great at art. he used to luv rugrats and bear in the big blue house.

ours is on all day long to the disney junior, sometimes she watches it sometimes she dont.

Thanks everyone. Like I said she only watches it for prolly an hour tops but was just wondering :flower:

Rarely. We don't have a TV but sometimes watch stuff on iplayer. I put on Waybuloo once or twice a week when I really need a break though! I decided that having a stressed out, angry mum would have a worse effect than 20 minutes of telly!

Rory always gets fascinated by our tv! What shall i do, turn him away from it do you think? Its a big tv x

oh and he loves loves loves mickey mouse BUT wont sit and watch any other cartoon :shrug: like i say, he does get fascinated by the tv in the background though. Is there something wrong with him? I thought all kids got fascinated by the tv with the colours and such x

nothing wrong with an hour or so a day, i try not to have it on in the day, but i have no problem with her watching a little bit:)

No, I've got rid of our TV, although they are allowed to watch a few carefully chosen DVDs very occasionally. I believe the negatives outweigh the positives unless you are extremely careful about their viewing.

I'll sometimes have the tv on in the background, usually to Treehouse (a Canadian channel dedicated to babies and toddlers). Clara doesn't watch it really, except occasionally she'll stop what she's playing with and dance to a song. If she was sitting there watching it all the time I would probably keep it off, but since she really doesn't pay attention to it I'm not too worried. She used to like it more when she was just a few months old. Football (US not UK football) was her favourite because there was lots of colours and movement.:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->