Tw (traditional weaning) - when did you start?

AlwaysPraying

Mom of two!
Reaction score
I'm curious when most people have started traditional weaning? I'm starting this week. Baby is five months in a couple of days.

I know the weeks don't always match up with the months so I tried to put both.

We started at week 20 due to reflux, but we only went on for 2 weeks then had to stop as it didnt help his reflux, he hated puree & he dropped his milk feeds. We started again at 6.5 months by fork mashing from what we'r eating, then without mashing at 7 months.

ETA: I still spoon feed most of the time as Omar doesnt like the feeling of food on his hands & he's a big fussy as hr doesnt like to eat. xx

We started at 18 weeks but she wasnt keen so left it another 2 weeks (20 weeks ) and the difference was massive

She was 5.5 months. She had been playing with food for a while at meal times and was sitting up unaided. She began to be able to pick up food, put it in her mouth, chew and swallow......but only tiny bits and only certain foods. This frustrated her. And frustrated me as the things she was getting in where Yorkshire puddings, eggy bread, toast, bread sticks. LO had suffered with reflux and I wanted the first things in her tummy to be fruit or veg. We where also finding it very messy and where due to stay with family where the mess may have not been appropirate. So we decided that BLW wasn't for us and to opt for the TW route.

And she loved it, and moved very quickly from little tastes of pureed fruit to full meals.

5.5 months. Im given purees from WIC. Its 36 4oz jars.
Gabriel gets them, and he gets his little finger foods at meal time too.

I started weaning Michael when he was 5 months and 2 weeks old.xxx

Clara was a little over 18 weeks when I started with rice cereal mixed with breastmilk. I wanted to wait a little bit longer, but her pediatrician recommended I start as she is a slow weight gainer. She loves her food though and actually makes nom nom nom sounds when we feed her lol. She is now up to 3 meals a day (though sometimes she only gets 2) and green beans seem to be her favourite. I make her own food and I make it a chunky puree so she gets lots of texture.

Half a day short of 6 months, so 25 weeks and 6 days as I wanted to start on a Sunday when OH was around, so I voted 26 weeks as he was only 12 hours off. I was lucky in that he was always very content on his milk right up to 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->