Tw'ers what was ur first day like?

mummy2lola

Mum to 2 trying for 3
Reaction score
Just wondering what time of day u did it? What did u give? How did baby respond? How much did they take?

Lola had baby rice with carrot purée mixed in today for her first meal.she had her bottle at 1.40 and then I gave her it at 2.30.to b honest she didn't seem impressed and she only had a couple of spoons.I'd this normal? Shall I just keep trying that everyday or change things abit? I'm completely clueless at all this,thank u for the advice in advance xx

I gave her baby rice after her first nap, so she was nearly at her 2nd bottle of the day but not starving hungry. I still give her her food at this time as it's the best time for her... She's a morning person like mummy!

Thanks Hun,so is it best to do it before her bottle? She probably wasn't hungry after having an 8oz feed actually lol xx

Lillie had baby rice on its own first, before her next bottle. She ate all of it, then polished off her bottle. We have noticed that the baby rice acts as an ounce or two as she left 2 ounce.. She loved it with pear mixed in too! We do it at around 3 oclock, well as close as we can get it according to her feeds, today it will be 4 oclock, when shes due a feed. Supposidly you should offer bottle first, but i do it the other way, otherwise she would have the whole bottle and no food? .. Its going great! :D xx

I gave babyrice first before I tried anything else, did this for a few days then started veg purrees. I offered it him before his bottle as this is how I was advised. I swapped after a couple of days and offered it half hour before his bottle and he was much better with that. I found starting weaning hard as the the routine constantly changed until he was on 3 meals. I think u just have to try diff things and see what suits your LO xx

You might get some more responses in the weaning section :flower:. There is lots of help for TW and BLW there and I've gotten some great advice.

The first few days are more about exploring texture and learning to swallow. The weaning books I have read say that most times, the first few feeds end in more food on the bib then in the mouth. A teaspoon is a good start. I tried baby rice for a few days and she basically just pushed it around in her mouth and then refused any more. I could tell she was really confused lol. Today I gave Phoebe some pear for the first time and she managed to open her mouth for the spoon and swallow. She finished the ice cube portion. I did it about 2 hours after she woke up and BFed and I think I'll repeat that tomorrow as it worked out well.

Can u try purée on it's own straight away or is it best to keep with the rice or cereal for abit? Xx

https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/feeding-baby/starting-solids/first-foods.aspx
double post

Nope :thumbup:. You can start with a puree.
https://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/feeding-baby/starting-solids/first-foods.aspx

Perfect thank u Hun,I think I'll just try the carrot purée tomoz and see how that goes :thumbup: xx

I was recommended to give solids halfway between milk feeds, as the milk is more important. So if you give milk at 9 and 12 try solids at 10.30

I started with baby rice at breakfast, then baby rice and banana, carrot&swede purees for lunch or dinner. Within 3 weeks lo was looking for more after each meal and was given puddings. But the first week was hit and miss if she had more then a few spoonfuls

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->