Twin diet

mamato2more

Number 9 on the way
Reaction score
Just found out last week we are expecting twins..They look fraternal, but that's not 100%...I have looked into and am following the best I can the Brewer diet for twins..What are others doing??? My goal is to have 39 week, 7lbs twins!!

oohh I am just eating whatever isnt stapled down lol. No seriously I am just eating a healthy diet - what is the brewers diet?

i just tried to eat a healthy diet, but did not stress too much about it. as long as you eat when you are hungry and drink lots of water...specially near the end as dehydration can cause you to go in to preterm labour. my docotor told me not even to look at weight gain with twin pregnancy. mine were born in week 34 weighing 4lbs 10 and 4lbs 13 so.

oohh I am just eating whatever isnt stapled down lol. No seriously I am just eating a healthy diet - what is the brewers diet?

Well, this site won't let me post a link, so you'll have to google it. Lots of good info..sorry

There's lots of info on the site about why it's so great, so peruse away..I just did not know if there was something else out there. This is the best and only one I know of..Many widwives I have been to have heard and think it's great...thanks

Get the book "When you're expecting twins, triplets, or quads". My doctor gave me a copy at my first appointment. It's a great book!!!!!! A must have for a multiple pregnancy.

My doctor told me the opposite of highlandlassi. And the book reports a bit differently as well. Weight gain is hugely important for a smooth twin pregnancy and the prevention of preterm labor. My doctor told me I had to gain 40. But, working out 5 days a week and eating healthy, I am right on track to gain that 40, but I didn't have MS either. So, that helped.

I am so bummed. I tried to upload the u/s pic of the twins to use as my profile pic, and it did not work..Ill have to keep at it..I am just not techie!

Yes, the diet thing is huge!!! A good diet will help to prevent most pregnancy problems, but why don't docs tell us this??

I'm eating whenever I'm hungry. I snack throughout the morning about once every 2-3 hrs. Then I would have just lunch and dinner with some fruit at the end of night. That book Vineyard suggested is a great book. I've been gaining steadily 1-1.5 lbs a week. Except last week when my appetite was out of whack and I lost 1 lb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"