twin or tandom?

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
which type of double buggie would you buy, twin or tandom???

.........and reasons why!!!

We've bought twin-don't like the look of tandems-sorry dont mean to offend anyone.

We have the xts twin twister x

i have gone for the twin, i had a tandom for Charlie and ethan, i really dont like them, far to bulky and heavy

x

twin, tandem fuck ur back, cos heavier child is at front! mind u i tend to break prams anyway :rofl:

thanks for your advice i think we're gonna go for the firstwheels twin one with a carrycot

I like the look of that one, take a look of this website its £60 cheaper

https://www.groovystyle.co.uk/productpages/first-wheels-2006/city-twin.htm

does anybody have this one already and can comment on how nice it is?

thanks for that site vicky!

I have the first wheels single pram in black with carrycot for up to 6 months and pushchair part for over 6 months, bag, footmuff. The raincover it comes with fits both carrycot and pushchair and is simple to fit.

So far have only used the carrycot but it's great, light weight, simple to collapse and nice to look at, only down side is the basket is teeny tiny but you tend to find that with a lot of prams. Also it is bulky when you sollapse it in the boot and with 2 carrycots it would take up a lot of space but if you don't have a car it would be great.
I put thomas in it now as a bed as he's too big for the moses basket and it fits perfectly on the stand but he still has a few inches room either end.

If you look at kiddicare and click "view movie" they give you a demonstration of the twin pram and show how to collapse, how to switch between carrycot and pushchair and what accessories you can get.

I love mine xx

Cx

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...tdisplayA_47_10751_-1_14051_11060_10001_14051

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_74_10751_-1__5740_10001_

Kiddicare is the cheapest I've seen the double and don't forget to click on the link on BabyandBump if you buy :winkwink:

Cx

Glad you posted this Terrie, I'm looking at buggies at the moment.

The twins are too wide for me to get into the shops/stay on the pavements where I live as it's a really old town with narrow streets etc.
So far the Phil and Teds is looking like our best bet, it has many cons to it but can't find anything else that fits my list of priorities.

Edit - just looked at yours Kx, it looks really nice - where did you get it from? I don't think the front wheels will be right for us but would like to see it in the flesh

You saw ours at the meet, it's a twin. McLaren Twin Techno and we're pretty pleased with it. The seats fold flat back (independently to each other) for when they are babies so it's suitable from birth.

I tried some tandems out in shops, specifically the Jane ones but I just couldn't steer them as they seemed too long. The McLaren isn't that much wider than those are and I can get it through most doors although sometimes it's a bit tight. It folds down pretty small for a double buggy unlike the Jane ones though I find it quite heavy (I guess all doubles are!).

Love my first wheels and i got mine brand new from e-bay with carrycot for .............

£225!!!

gotta get footmuffs in the next few weeks but it was a bargin!!

side by side better than tandem as if you were to push out in the road to cross the one child always sticking out further ....

Ohhhh doesn't bare thinkin about!!!

xxx

just a question... how would it fit through my front door??????? lol i know the first wheels can fit through most shop doors but what about a normal front door?

if we were to go out in the car i would take my sling and carry the newborn anyway so it doesnt matter how bulky it folds down :)

I leave mine folded down, get it thru the door then click it up and get the kids in :)

xxx

hmm bit of a pain in the arse :(

oh well im gonna get one anyway pmsl!

Lucy we got it at the Glasgow Pram Centre for £315. They have it out on display. Dionne has the buggy-tried and tested and rates it!

I love how easy it is to manouvere. Altho only tried it with rebecca and a dolly in it :rofl:

Fits through standard doors as its one of the smallest width wise on the market :happydance:

Yeah Kx I can't believe it's only 75cm wide! I was in the pram centre the other day but didn't see it... will look harder this weekend.

Regarding a tandem and crossing the road, you just keep the tandem parallel to the road and when it's clear you turn and cross! The P&T tandem is just like a single 3 wheeler though so doesn't suffer with this

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->