Twin pregnancy 9 wks 1 baby measuring 6w2d

MacyMcP

Reaction score
Okay ladies, this is a long journey so please be patient and take the time to read. I'm dying to hear someone with a similar story. I got *off bc 10/28/14* and spotted 2 days. No normal period. I had a *positive ovulation test 11/4 & know that I also ovulated 11/15*. I know this to be 100% accurate, so please don't be mean and say I'm crazy. (I know my body VERY well and have been know to ovulate up to 3 times in 1 cycle. My body is crazy.) I got a *positive pregnancy test 11/30/14* 3 more positives the next day. I bled the day and had an emergency ultrasound that said my *gestational sac was measuring 5w2d* but no baby. They had me do blood work 2 days apart to make sure everything was OK. My blood work came back phenomenal, so phenomenal that it showed twin progesterone levels. A week later I had an ultrasound with 1 gestational sac measuring 6w2d & again no baby. He told me to come back in 2 weeks and to expect 0, 1 or 2 babies. I went back 1/5/15. My gestational sac measured 9 weeks. There was an empty additional sac inside the large gestational sac, 1 yolk sac and 1 baby. The baby that was in the large sac measured 6w2d. My doctor said to come back in 2 more weeks. If the baby grows, we will go off of the babys size. If it doesn't grow, it's not good. Apparently, the twin didn't develop. I am just so confused and heart broken. This has been going on since the beginning of December. I'm going nuts! Has anyone had anything similar to this?

You have 1 baby and a blighted ovum.

I had a one, shot my hcg levels through the roof.

I hope all is well.. keep us updated!

I do know that the twin didn't develop and that makes the sac a blighted ovum. Mine and my doctors concern is that I'm 9 weeks pregnant and baby is measuring 6w2d. My question is if anyone has had the baby measure smaller. It took a lot longer than normal for everything to show up other than the large gestational sac. The large sac with the baby and extra sac is measuring 9 weeks.

None of the dates line up and even my Dr is stumped and says we just have to wait it out.

I hope this isn't a stupid question but I'm just curious..is it possible that you ovulated again AFTER the dates you've said? If you had the blighted ovum first, and you ovulated again later and that egg was fertilised and implanted and is in fact 6w?

Again I hope that's not a dumb question I don't really know how a blighted ovum works in terms of your cycle, especially if you know you hyperovulate like that.... :hugs: Hope the next 2 weeks goes well for you.

It's not a stupid question. I've been pretty confused myself. I don't think so. I started out with the 1 sac...which is the large sac measuring 9 weeks with the 1 baby. There is a smaller sac (blighted ovum) inside the big sac. They both (twins) had to implanted at the same time or around the same time because my progesterone levels showed a twin pregnancy. A normal level is 10-15 and mine was 36. So my hormones showed twins from the beginning. A blighted ovum is basically a pregnancy (includes hormones and all working parts) without a baby in the sac. My twin didn't develop and the baby that did develop is measuring far behind. I'm wondering if it's because it was a twin that it's measuring small ..... I don't know.

It's not a stupid question. I've been pretty confused myself. I don't think so. I started out with the 1 sac...which is the large sac measuring 9 weeks with the 1 baby. There is a smaller sac (blighted ovum) inside the big sac. They both (twins) had to implanted at the same time or around the same time because my progesterone levels showed a twin pregnancy. A normal level is 10-15 and mine was 36. So my hormones showed twins from the beginning. A blighted ovum is basically a pregnancy (includes hormones and all working parts) without a baby in the sac. My twin didn't develop and the baby that did develop is measuring far behind. I'm wondering if it's because it was a twin that it's measuring small ..... I don't know.

Hello! I'm not sure if I can help with this but wishing you the best! I do have a question for you thou. You said you progesterone levels showed twin pregnancy because it was 36 can I ask where you have read or heard that this is a sign of a multiple pregnancy? The reason I ask is that I am almost 7 weeks and have an appointment of Friday for my first ultrasound but when I was right at 4 weeks and found out I was pregnant my progesterone was 54.

Now I'm wondering if I should expect to see twins on the ultrasound on Friday.

Thanks!

I think that also depends if you were taking fertility or any kind of medication to get pregnant. Mine was completely natural and I conceived right off birth control. My doctor is the one who told me that my levels indicated twins. I couldn't tell ya one way or another whether you should be expecting more than one. I wish I could help. I do know that normal levels without fertility are 10-15 and that mine was 36. That's all I have for ya, love. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I'll say a prayer for a healthy situation for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->