Twinges at 6/7 weeks

BabyGo2016

Reaction score
Hi mummies,

First pregnancy- been incredibly nauseous and exhausted for past 2 weeks. I started having twinges in my lower abdomen last night- like a dull ache in the bones of my pelvis. This disturbed my sleep and I was violently sick this morning (2nd time in pregnancy) which caused my stomach to hurt from retching.

I rang my doctor as a precaution, thinking they'd tell me it was growing pains but was asked to come in straight away. Whilst there, the doctor examined my abdomen and then tried to use ultrasound to find a heartbeat. He did say it was unlikely to find one so early and he was right. He said my BP was fine and sent me home to rest.

However- I've found the whole experience very upsetting. I am still experiencing the twinges and now feel terrified about my first scan, not hearing the heartbeat again, and the fact it's still 5 weeks away.

Anyone had any similar twinges? All advice welcome xx

Hi xx how many weeks are you ? ... I can only reassure you by saying I had the sane twinges very early that lasted until I was around 8-9 weeks ... this is my 4th pregnacy but the first time I had experienced this. ... I was actually in so much discomfort I took painkillers ect ... but I was so relieved at my early 7 week private scan everything was perfect with baby and it was "just one of those things" ... of course everyone's different and I completely understand your worry but take your doctors advice and try to rest and relax ... if the discomfort gets any worse or you you loose blood ect I would absolutely contact your doctor straight away xxx try not to worry. .. the 1st trimester is a very scary time but it doesn't last long xxxx

Hi- we're not exact on dates but believe I'm 6.5 weeks.

I'm sat with a heated cushion on the area now trying to get some more sleep tonight. No bleeding/spotting and the pain is still in my pelvis/groin as oppose to a period like cramp so fingers crossed. Thank you for your advice- it is such a worrying time. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->