Twinkle Toes

Twinkle Toes

Preparing
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I did post this on WTT but no one is talking to me :cry:

I am Twinkle toe's, I was introduced to this sight by my dear friend Sparklebaby. We have been BF for 2 years now and I am really looking forward to her getting her :bfp: .

I myself am WTT, about 2 years maybe a bit more. OH and I are relocating and we want to be settled with that before we try. I am really excited but don't tell him that (he is more ga ga than I when it comes to :baby:)

I have to confess that I never wanted kids until recently, I love children but I had such a fear of being a bad mother etc and didn't want to bring them up where we live now! But since deciding to relocate and being on this sight and growing within myself and talking to OH. I have decided I do want to brave being a Mummy and am now looking forward to when we do start TTC, although practicing is fun! ;) ;) ;) :rofl:

I was wondering if there is anything I can start doing now to get my body in tip top condition.

I also wanted to know if there was any other advice you would give (like things you wish you did or found it a great help to….?)

It's probably a random request, but since Sparklebaby introduced me to this it has really got me thinking about getting myself ready an there's a lot I didn't even know about. :blush:

I hope this all makes since!

Thanks,

Just wanted to say hi! I know myself that its a really exciting time when your getting ready for a baby. The only advice I have is my friend started taking her prenatal vitamins when she was TTC but other than that I don't know much else! I would love to hear what others have to say for I myself am TTC and would like to know if i need to be doing anything!!

Welcome and Hope you find lots of helpful stuff here!

Thank you for replying,

Good luck with TTC and getting you :bfp:

Do you know if it is ok to take the vitamins when you are wtt

We started ttc recently but I've been taking pregnancy vitamins since April. I've read research that says that taking folic acid for up to a year before getting pregnant can drastically reduce your risk of a premature birth, so I thought rather than take a multi-vitamin plus folic acid, I'd just take a pg vit. I get them 2 for £4 at Asda so that's at least half the price of the Pregnacare ones.

I take a lot of others but they're not probably all relevant to you until you actually start ttc, and might not be eeven then - I am a supplement addict! I take Vitamin B to lengthen my Luteal Phase, flaxseed oil for Omega 3 as I'm vegetarian and can't take fish oils, iron supplements as I'm vege and my doctor told me to, and Evening Primrose Oil up until ovulation to improve my cervical mucus. I also take a cranberry extract pill daily to prevent urinary tract infections (I'm prone to them). I know, I rattle when I walk with all these pills!

Husband is also taking folic acid and zinc to improve his swimmers, plus omega 3 tablets for his heart health and he has stopped smoking and cut down on drinking. I don't drink right now and have lowered my caffeine levels.

I came off the pill in April and we started trying a few months after that, to give my body a chance to get it out of its system (although my sister conceived the month she stopped hers!).

I know how you feel - I started preparing well before we actually started ttc as I was so excited and couldn't wait to start! Good luck!

Definatly start tracking your cycles, this is something I had done more of, lots of us use Fertilty Friend for that and temp as well, but i would say start temping a month or 2 before you officially ttc cos it gives you more insight on WHEN you are most fertile and how long your luteal phase it.
Another tip I have heard of is to be as healthy and fit as possible
and like the above said supplements are always good.
x

Thank you for replying,

Good luck with TTC and getting you :bfp:

Do you know if it is ok to take the vitamins when you are wtt

I'm sure it won't hurt at all to take them even if your waiting. They are great for your nails and hair!!

just wanted to say good luck and sending lots of :dust:

Hi Twink! It is so exciting when you start realising you're ready for a baby isn't it?!?!? I started taking pre-natal vit's and started to become familiar with my cycles (something I had taken for granted in the past cause I was on the pill). It was actually a whole road of discovery for me in terms of understanding when I ovulate and what variables need to be in place (and working in harmony!) for conception - amazed at how little I knew about my own body:blush:
I have later also cut out caffeine - but in truth that is because I have had tummy problems and caffeine used to aggrevate it - so not really down to TTC....
Happy to have you here!
:hug:

I forgot to say that it's also important to start charting, as you might be surprised by when you actually do ovulate!

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

Peanut78 - It is true, it is surprising what we don't know about our body's. I too was on the pill for around 10 years. I came off it at the beginning of September (still no sign of AF) and this causes so much disruption to our body's (or for a lot of people it does) It's horrible not knowing when she is going to arrive!!!! I won't be going on it again AF comes to visit us for a reason and that's why our body's where made like that….from now on I am leaving well alone! It was coming off the pill and sparklebaby that got me thinking about when I am ready to start TTC what can I do to make sure I am as ready as I can be.

I have learned so much from this sight already and I'm sure I will pick up lots more along the way. I am defiantly going to start talking not of my cycle (I've just got to start having one again first) and start taking my vits!!! Make a bigger effort to give up smoking (the longer I am without it for TTC the better) and also give up my caffeine :( I am such an addict!

Thank you all so much for your incite, I'm sure I'm going to have loads more questions along the was and it's nice to know I have you all there to ask!

Thanks again

Good point you made - get off the pill, its true it takes a while for our bodies to regulate, I remember I was so scared cos I didnt get af for 6 months and the doc said its cos my ovaries became lazy as they were used to the pill.

Thank you all for your helpful replies.

Peanut78 - It is true, it is surprising what we don't know about our body's. I too was on the pill for around 10 years. I came off it at the beginning of September (still no sign of AF) and this causes so much disruption to our body's (or for a lot of people it does) It's horrible not knowing when she is going to arrive!!!! I won't be going on it again AF comes to visit us for a reason and that's why our body's where made like that….from now on I am leaving well alone! It was coming off the pill and sparklebaby that got me thinking about when I am ready to start TTC what can I do to make sure I am as ready as I can be.

I have learned so much from this sight already and I'm sure I will pick up lots more along the way. I am defiantly going to start talking not of my cycle (I've just got to start having one again first) and start taking my vits!!! Make a bigger effort to give up smoking (the longer I am without it for TTC the better) and also give up my caffeine :( I am such an addict!

Thank you all so much for your incite, I'm sure I'm going to have loads more questions along the was and it's nice to know I have you all there to ask!

Thanks again

Morning gorgeous. :hugs:

well well well.....:happydance: what a turn out for the books..... I dont know whether to be sorry or happy that you are changing your mind about ttc.....eventually. I know youre still young...ish but you will know when the time is right! dont let any person or site tell you to have a baby. you have to be ready yourself....bit like giving up on the norty things in life like smoking and alcohol. you have to do it for you and no one else.....talking of giving up.....yes...cough cough...no more relentless for you!
Thanks to you I am now taking evening primrose, when I remember too lol, prenantal pills and cod liver oil. I also for my own health would have liked to lost a lot more weight but.....if i get my :bfp: I will just have to be careful.

I think your question has pretty much been answered. I just wanna wish you all the best when u do start trying and as always I am here for you no matter how far the distance.

Thank you for being a wonderful friend to me.....Love you!

:hug: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

OMG-I don't know if I could stand that I really hate not knowing when she is coming

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"