Twins.. Again?!

AlyssaANDjosh

Reaction score
I am only 7+3 weeks, but I got a sonoline B fetal heart Doppler on Friday. I was able to find a heartbeat right away near my left hip bone in the pelvic region. Then near my right hip bone, I found another one! There is no way that I'm finding my pulse, as it was over 125-130 bpm. I know that it's possible to hear the placenta reflecting the baby's heart beat, but at only 7 weeks, it was pretty far apart!
I had twins in 2009, so I know my chances are higher. I've never taken anything for fertility, I'm only 25, 5'3", and not overweight... So idk what gives!
I have my first ultrasound on Tuesday, and if I wasn't anxious before, now I'm even more so!
We were hoping for a singleton this time, but another set of twins would be a blessing.
Sorry this is so long. Just curious of what you ladies think? Just the placenta? Or do you think it could be twins again?

Does it sign like a train or a galloping horse? USually the HB is in the 160's by the time you are 7 weeks… can you record it so we can see it/hear it?

Does it sign like a train or a galloping horse? USually the HB is in the 160's by the time you are 7 weeks… can you record it so we can see it/hear it?

I read that between 100 and 130 was average for 7 weeks? I'm not sure how to post the sound to hear but I can try to figure it out. It definitely sounds fast.

I've also read that the Doppler isn't always reliable as far as bpm, but here is my attempt at a recording.

i think you could be picking up the same heartbeat, although it's pretty hard to tell anything certain this early! stalking to see the news on friday!

With my DS I picked up his heartbeat a little below my belly button and down next to my hip at the same time (switching between the two), This was at about 11 weeks I think and I'd already had several scans so I knew it was a singleton pregnancy. I would have thought that if it was twins they wouldn't be that far apart at 7 weeks, as your uterus wouldn't be that stretched, but I might be totally wrong! Anyway I don't really know :haha: but good luck for your scan and happy and healthy 9 months :)

Placenta sound a lot like a heartbeat too

The placenta sounds a lot like the heartbeat too.. I was 12 weeks pregnant and picking up what i thought a heart beat was every night but i had had a missed miscarriage 4 weeks before so it wasnt possible!

Hopefully you get twins tho!
Let us know :)

I know that subsequent twins are not all that uncommon. My brother and SIL have had two spontaneous sets of fraternal twins.

Hmmm...could be twins!! That's awesome! Please update when you find out!

Stalking!!! Another set of twins would be AMAZING!!! x

Did ya ever get the video uploaded?

Well it looks like there is only one little baby in there! Unless one was hiding really well! I would have been happy either way, but I am glad that I can experience a singleton pregnancy this time. I still don't know why I am hearing two heartbeats, but it's probably just the placenta like I thought originally. Thanks for following everyone!

I've heard that baby's hb can echo within the womb, making it seem like there's 2 in there. Maybe that's what ur hearing??

I read that between 100 and 130 was average for 7 weeks? I'm not sure how to post the sound to hear but I can try to figure it out. It definitely sounds fast.

My baby's heartbeat was 143 at 7w1d and my reproductive endocrinologist said that was a GREAT heartbeat. Told me it doesn't start getting 'higher' for another couple of weeks. But everybody is different! My cousin's baby only had a heartbeat of 120 at 7 weeks, but at her 10 week scan the baby's heartbeat was 183. So many different variables at different points of pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->