Twins?

Dennie

Reaction score
Hi all, I have posted in the first tri section but thought I would paste it here too. I hope that's ok?

Hi, I will try and keep this as short as possible! So I am almost 40, my ovulation is pretty all over the place, mostly ovulating between day 16 and 19. Anyway, I am currently pregnant, I THOUGHT 8 weeks BUT....

I booked a private scan on wednesday just gone and it didnt go well, the sonographer said she could find no fetal pole so I was referred to my local EGAU. They scanned there and found the same but then they did a vaginal scan and did infact find a fetal pole but only of 2mm which they said wasn't enough for almost 8 weeks along and that the pregnancy wasn't expected to progress. However they also found baby number 2! This one has NO fetal pole. They said because of the scan results they wouldn't be giving me anything for a medical miscarriage and instead would wait a week and rescan Thursday coming.

Now my first day of my last period was 12th June. My cycles are anywhere between 28 and 32 days long. I had sex on the 21st of June and the 1st of July. I took a positive pregnancy test on the 6th of july despite not being due on until the 9th/10th.

My question is, how likely is it that I am pregnant from the 1st of July? But is it possible to get a BFP on the 6th even with twins? I guess I'm just grasping at straws as to why this is happening. I am worried they are going to give me tablets and it just be that enough time hasn't passed for fetal poles to be seen on both babies.

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"