Twins

monroea

Mommy to Riley
Reaction score
So I'm 35 and my husband and I have decided to try for one more baby. We're afraid we'll regret it if we don't give it one last shot. My question though is, have any of you heard of a woman that is 35+ getting pregnant with multiple (without fertility help)? I recently read that when you reach 35 you start producing a hormone that could potentially released more than one egg at a time. Have any of you heard about this? Know anyone that this has happened to?

I got pregnant with twins naturally at 38 but they are identical meaning one egg split and made two (not sure if that is more common with age or not - probably not)

Good luck with ttc. Im 40 and haven't heard that about that twin thing. Quite interesting tho I mite have to look into it.

I'm 38 and never heard of this either.
Interesting that for sure.

I’m 36 and expecting fraternal twins. I have heard that after 35 the chance for twins/multiples increases.

I have not heard of this. Fingers and toes crossed

No firsthand experiences but I did some searching and surprised I had not heard of this before. Check this out:

BBC NEWS | Health | Twins more likely for older mums

Looks like in one study there were 105 cases that resulted in frat. twins and of those:

<30 - 5 times
30-35 - 45 times
>35 - 55 times

That article does not mention what the distribution of ages was to begin with - but if it was somewhat even, that's a serious increase!

Are you hoping that you WILL or WONT have twins? :)

No firsthand experiences but I did some searching and surprised I had not heard of this before. Check this out:

BBC NEWS | Health | Twins more likely for older mums

Looks like in one study there were 105 cases that resulted in frat. twins and of those:

<30 - 5 times
30-35 - 45 times
>35 - 55 times

That article does not mention what the distribution of ages was to begin with - but if it was somewhat even, that's a serious increase!

Are you hoping that you WILL or WONT have twins? :)
That is a terrifying article, honestly. Makes me scared to even think about becoming pregnant because the risks of so many abnormalities and risks go up so much more! Scary thought!

So I'm 35 and my husband and I have decided to try for one more baby. We're afraid we'll regret it if we don't give it one last shot. My question though is, have any of you heard of a woman that is 35+ getting pregnant with multiple (without fertility help)? I recently read that when you reach 35 you start producing a hormone that could potentially released more than one egg at a time. Have any of you heard about this? Know anyone that this has happened to?

Such an interesting topic! I know of some cases that were able to get pregnant with twins without assistance. But if I'm not mistaken, doesn't that depend on your family tree too? If there are twins already? Or is that a hoax? In any case, I hope it happens for you!

Such an interesting topic! I know of some cases that were able to get pregnant with twins without assistance. But if I'm not mistaken, doesn't that depend on your family tree too? If there are twins already? Or is that a hoax? In any case, I hope it happens for you!

You’re more likely to have twins if you (not dad) have twins on your side.

You’re also more likely to have twins with increasing age. I don’t think it’s common, but it becomes more likely that your body will release two eggs instead of just one in any cycle. I think this increases even more if using certain supplements like soy isoflavones too

You’re more likely to have twins if you (not dad) have twins on your side.

You’re also more likely to have twins with increasing age. I don’t think it’s common, but it becomes more likely that your body will release two eggs instead of just one in any cycle. I think this increases even more if using certain supplements like soy isoflavones too

Thank you for sharing this info! How interesting, good to know! I'll read upon the supplements just to get an idea. I'm not aiming for twins, but I think I'd be ecstatic if that were the case! Do you have twins?

Thank you for sharing this info! How interesting, good to know! I'll read upon the supplements just to get an idea. I'm not aiming for twins, but I think I'd be ecstatic if that were the case! Do you have twins?
No, I don’t. I took the soy because I was having trouble keeping a pregnancy, and read that it can increase the chances of multiples. I wouldn’t take it lightly though and not without a lot of research as it can mess things up. I probably wouldn’t take it to increase the chances of multiples either because it’s probably not hugely likely to happen. I think for the most part twins are luck of the draw

That is a terrifying article, honestly. Makes me scared to even think about becoming pregnant because the risks of so many abnormalities and risks go up so much more! Scary thought!
you can do karyotyping that shows whether genetics (abnormalities) is the issue. Myself I know a few ladies aged 45+ with abormalities who got pregnant via IVF PGS NGS and IVF DE. However, I also know ladies at advanced maternal age who conceived naturally and have healthy babies. Abnormalities are manageable nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->