Twins :)

TTC Rachel

Mummy And Wife To Be :-)
Reaction score
Im just interested in what people know about twins really.. anybody had any experience with early BFP's or signs symptoms?

Im interested because 1. My family history - My Mum is a twin... Her mother is a twin and her brothers were twins.. My sister had twins but MC'd one of them, so did my Mum's twin sister. So going on this I suppose chances were always going to be stronger than most for me having twins, but I somehow dont always buy into it, I know a lot of friends whove had twins and have no family history at all! :) But what is the link between early BFP's and twins? Any connection at all? Im asking this as I got my strong BFP 7 days before period, only 8/9DPO.

Would love to hear others experiences or ideas on this :)

Rach xxx

:headspin:

I am having twins, no family history of twins.

I had a positive at 9 dpo, faint but there.

I didnt have any extreme symptoms, expect tirdness, but this has been my least sickly pregnancy.

Seems like everyone is having twins right now, lol.

My nan had twins and my sister has twins and then I have the boys - they are all fraternals. These run down the maternal line whereas identicals are just random.

I havent a clue about early testing as I fell pregnant in the first month of trying so wasnt even sure when I ovulated. I got no morning sickness at all and no symptoms at all passed 9 weeks.

You will have stronger and sooner BFPs as there is double the hormones xxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i heard that if twins runs in the family the gene (or whatever it is) skips a generation...

soooo if my mum was a twin, then im less likely to have twins but my daughter might.. if that makes sense. dont know how true that is though... xxx

Non identical run in families, older mums are more likely to conceive twins naturally and identical make up a small minority of twins so are very rare! Mine were icsi so don't really count but love them heaps & tons :)

i heard that if twins runs in the family the gene (or whatever it is) skips a generation...

soooo if my mum was a twin, then im less likely to have twins but my daughter might.. if that makes sense. dont know how true that is though... xxx

I thought the same but the gene hasn't skipped in my family for 9 generations!:shock:x

no twins at all in mine or dhs family and we had fraternal girls 3 weeks ago
my bfp was very strong very early there was more dye in the test line than in the control line

Yes mine too within seconds the line appeared and was again heaps darker than control line!

My great nana was a twin, my nana was a twin. My nans twin sister had twin boys. My nana had boy/girl twins. My sisters are twins, and i have two sets of twin cousins. Basically, every woman related by blood since my Great Nana has has fraternal twins. (Also my brother had twins, but they were identical.)

I didnt have early signs, except for my missed period (Which i didnt even notice for 8 weeks :haha:) i've been very tired lately though. I felt definit baby movements at around 16 weeks. And 2 days ago i got my very first 'kick' it was only little, but it was a kick!

I did have raging sickness, but not that early, and was gone at aboout 15 weeks, i think.

Good luck :flower:

Thanks for the feedback girls. No major symptoms yet I have to say! Just the general unwell groggy tiredness thats to be expected.. i was sort of expecting more! Very interesting stories though, and each varying in so many different situations.. I guess there is a very strong chance with fraternals though... Im just going to have to sit tight on this one!! xxx

Are you wanting twins?
Whens your scan so when will you find out?

i just got my hcg at either 16 or 17 dpo was 2,040 ... twins run in my fathers side of the family though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->