Two queries! Mw query and ovulation pain query

babenumber3

Reaction score
Firstly, I am about 5 weeks and 3 days and today I felt what I can only describe as similar to ovulation pain on my right side. sharp jabbing sensations. Is this normal? I don't remember. I remember cramping.

Secondly, I saw the Dr over a week ago, when can I expect my MW to contact me? I know it can take a while. I'm in the UK. I remember last time I went for a scan but I had to phone to find out the date. When I got home from the scan I had my letter come letting me know when the scan was!

Twinges and pains are totally normal, don't worry too much about it unless your are in real discomfort and then it's best to go and get checked out.

Depends on where you live. Some places you will automatically be referred to the midwives and they will contact you and in others you have to register with them yourself. We have to contact ours directly as they are separate from our GP surgery. You can always ring your GP and check though

Yes, ovulation like pain is normal. It could also be round ligament pain, which is also normal. Obviously, if it's so painful you can't function, that's not normal, but some achey pains are pretty typical.

As for midwife appointment, it just depends how things work in your area. Here we self refer, so both times I just called the midwives up and booked myself in. I think with my daughter (this was 5 years ago) I called and gave them my details around 5 weeks and then they sent me a letter with the date shortly after. First appointment was at the end of 7 weeks.

This time I called around 5 weeks again and they made my appointment while they had me on the phone. She's coming out tomorrow when I'll be 8 weeks. I've never gone through my GP (actually never even saw my GP either time), but I know that's more typical in most of the UK.

the twinges are most likely just little cysts on your ovaries, very common in early pregnancy and they pop on their own without and issue usually. I had a very big one with I was pregnant with my twins, it was the same size as the babies sacs and they were concerned it was a 3rd baby in my ovary, but all was ok but I felt that bad boy pop LOL.

As for the midwife I had to contact them because the referrals can get lost easily, I just phoned my surgery and asked for the midwifes number and booked in with them.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"