Two surges

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
Hey

I got a positive opk on 17/12/16 and have had these the last two days, what do u think is happening? Top is yesterday bottom is today x

Attachments

• IMG_3571.JPG
    IMG_3571.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 11
Opks can turn positive before a hpt. They also do so just before af. Have you done a hpt?

Sorry I should have said, I don't think I am pregnant. I have the copper coil as we aren't ttc til March and I have been poorly for over 4 weeks so haven't dtd very much! I didn't know that opks turn positive before af!

I am not charting/temping at the minute as we aren't actually trying yet, I have very irregular periods so wanted to get an idea of whether I am ovulating or not. OPKs are not as simple as I thought they would be!!

Your body can try to ovulate more than once in a cycle. If your body fails, then It will try again a few days or a week after. Your results might not be accurate if you're still using the coil too.
You may be one of those unlucky women where OPKs don't work for you or.....you may be use AF or already pregnant like the PPs have said. So many things to consider on the TTC journey!
A BBT might be a better way to go if you're looking to get a better understanding of your cycle. Good luck? Xx

Your body can try to ovulate more than once in a cycle. If your body fails, then It will try again a few days or a week after. Your results might not be accurate if you're still using the coil too.
You may be one of those unlucky women where OPKs don't work for you or.....you may be use AF or already pregnant like the PPs have said. So many rthings to consider on the TTC journey!
A BBT might be a better way to go if you're looking to get a better understanding of your cycle. Good luck? Xx

I guessed it could be that I didn't ovulate after the positive on 17th and ovulating now, the coil I have is copper so in theory shouldn't have any effect on hormones but you never know with our bodies hey?!? Think I will try bbt if we don't have any luck when we start trying in March. Thank you xx

I didn't realize that you had the coil in so chances are you're probably not pregnant. I'm also charting and doing opks now even though we don't plan on TTC until the spring to get some ideas of my cycles. I find that using the combination of charting and opks helps because you can see if your temperature correlates to your opks to know when exactly you're ovulating. Personally for me opks are a pain lol. Good luck when you're in the TTC boat!

Update: so I think I must have had a false positive on 17/12/16 (it was pretty early in my cycle as I had some bleeding 11-14th) and have ovulated recently. Here's my tests from 28, 29, 30 and tonight and they are def getting lighter. Now to see if I have a period in the next 2 weeks then I can start tracking my cycles properly!

I have been trying to convince oh to bring forward ttc date but no joy so far!!xx

Attachments

• IMG_2176.jpg
    IMG_2176.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel