Two week holiday - laundry

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
We're going away in a couple of weeks for a two week all inclusive holiday. I have three small children so you can imagine what the washing situation is like at home after two days, let alone two weeks.

My kids just don't have enough of certain clothes to get through two weeks without doing laundry. Bibs, pants, Pjs etc. I don't want to buy loads more stuff that won't get used. What do people do?

I’ve never been for two weeks before, I think the longest is ten days. On that holiday I took stuff to the hotel laundry. You can also buy hand wash soap f you want to wash stuff yourselves. We also bought some cheap multi sets of t shirts and things so it wasn’t as bad. Things like pyjamas I only change twice a week anyway. If it was a hot holiday I would just put them to bed in underwear/ nappy and try and be quite minimal.

We've always been able to just bring enough clothes to last them the whole holiday, but if that's not possible for you then you can get packets of laundry soap for hand washing your clothes in the sink. Hotels usually also have a laundry service, but you have to pay for it. When we had a massive poop diaper blow out in the ergo when we were on vacation I had to pay to have the hotel wash the ergo for me. Also, I find on hot holidays we don't tend to go through as much laundry since kids are in the swimsuits or just a diaper/shorts for the most part.

I dress my two in swimming costumes/SPF suits quite a lot when we go camping. They hand wash easily and dry really quickly.

I try and drag the pyjama wear out for a few nights too. I take them off before they have breakfast so they don't spill food all down them.

We (4 of us) are just back a 2 week caravan holiday and although it had a laundrette I didn't use it. I took all their new holiday clothes which included 2 packs of sock and 2 packs of pants for my dd (son is in nappies still) They were in jelly shoes mostly so didn't have to worry about clean socks a lot and we spent a lot of time in the pool/beach so lots of time in swimming stuff. anything that needed washed I soaked overnight, rinsed in the morning and hung up to dry.

Be a minimalist as much as possible and use a laundromat.

For bibs, you could hand wash and hang them dry. for PJ's, if they aren't peed on, puked on, or pooped on, they should be fine to re-use for quite some time. A for pants, do planned potty trips for any potty training kids and use for more than one day.

I'd think the type of places that do all inclusive will have a laundry. If it looks too expensive you can buy tubes of travel wash solution and do a few essentials in the basin. Personally for my peace of mind I'd just rather spend the money on the hotel laundry - so t actually feels like a holiday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->