'two wrongs don't make a right' mothers/fathers day

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
As my mum always used to say as we were growing up..

But for all those dissapointed Mummies, who weren't treated, didn't get a card, weren't wished happy mothers day by their OH... Will their ignorance upwards mothers day change how you'll be treating fathers day?

I would go out my way to make my OHs first fathers day special, would have gotten him something lovely for a gift, I would have make him a nice breakfast and coffee in bed, an just made a fuss of him, but after the disappointing effort from him yesterday, I'm wondering if I should bother at all? (saying this I know I can't ignore fathers day I'm not that type of person)

Sorry for waffling,

So will you be giving as much/little effort into fathers day as he put into mothers day

I got a card and flowers yesterday so can't accuse OH of not making an effort but I think I would still do something special on Fathers day anyway, if not just because I want to keep a record of all these 'firsts' for LO's memory box.
I actually got my OH a present for Fathers day last year when I was pregnant (got him a card and a keyring with our 12 week scan pic on it) so I was able to guilt trip him a bit about Mothers day this year :haha:

I won't be doing anything. I'll just make him breakfast and tell him what a good dad he is. After all, he's a brilliant Dad, just a crap husband.

I won't be doing anything. I'll just make him breakfast and tell him what a good dad he is. After all, he's a brilliant Dad, just a crap husband.

Ohh join the club..! :hugs:

We are obviously just better people eh, we'll still spoil them stupid useless plonkers!!

Yes, it might give them the heads up how to actually make a fuss of us next year!

Ill be pretty much doing the same as what i got yesterday lol. xx

I won't be doing anything apart from wishing him a happy fathers day, he said he doesn't believe in valentines day etc so why celebrate it if he doesn't believe in it!

I won't be bothering to send him a card or anything. His excuse for not bothering is that his mum is no longer here so he doesn't recognise it. It's the same situation for his dad so same rules as far as I'm concerned.

my oh didnt have a choice 2 make a fuss im way 2 bosy lol. i gave him a fab first farthers day last year i missed out on mothersday by a week last year so this year i made sure i got the best mothers day hehe.

i think somtimes men just need abit of a nudge u have to rain them like babys haha

wow im shocked at some of the tit-for-tat going on here. I got a card (that was actually a birthday card lmao) and i got up with our son and i had his family round and did sunday lunch, it was mothers day... so my day to do my mummy thing in my opinion.

For fathers day of course i will make a bigger fuss of him but thats what i do, im a girl! i wouldnt have been upset if i didnt get a card though... its just a day of the year, i know my son appreciates me every day.

This is so sad :( Why do men be such arse holes at times. I feel for you ladies :*(

I got a cards, 2 books, 5 dvds, a little special mum thing and a tea light holder which I saw and said I liked. However the day itself was no different, I did the bottles as usual, wrapped his mums present, dealt with LO (he did help as he always does) and we went to his mums. There wasn't really any fuss or anything special. I had told him a few days ago some cake would be nice on mothers day but that didn't happen.

I know come fathers day I will be making a big fuss, special meal or meal out, card, presents, etc.

OH got me a card, some flowers, perfume and a new top, if he hadn't made much effort then I'm not sure how i'd be about fathers day.

I think if he knew I wanted a special day and didn't do anything for it then i'd of been upset but if he was just a typical man and didn't think, then i'd probably still want to make his fathers day special. Sorry for all those that didn't have a very good mothers day though :hugs: xx

Well my OH forgot. I expected him to as he was going away for work early on mother's day and had loads to sort out for that in the days running up.

When father's day rolls around I will do as I had always planned. It won't be much but will get a card from LO and maybe dress LO in his full Arsenal kit or something. He already knows that I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get a card from LO as a keepsake for my first mothers day, I don't see how changing my plans for fathers day is going to change or help the fact that I missed out. It's done now and I don't want him to miss out on his first fathers day. I always try my best to resolve grudges big and small with my OH as ii dont think its good to feel resentful towards him. Hopefully it will encourage him not to forget again in future!

It isn't mother's day here in the US yet.. but if my OH fails than I will say I'm not going to get him anything but I'll probably cave in and get something. I love buying gifts!

I didn't even get a "happy mother's day". Just because he doesn't believe in "wasting money on commercial crap" doesnt mean that I don't want to remember my first mothers day! I will be treating him fathers day as I don't believe in tit-for-tat (also will make him feel guilty, which I DO believe in lol!). And it will be a permanant reminder of his first fathers day which is what I would have loved!

I didnt get my card till DH remembered (around lunchtime) when he rang me from work then rang DD to write them lol!!! I got a DVD too but we dont tend to do/give much so I will probably do the same for him. I prefer spending my money on the kids lol.

My OH got me chocolates, a teddy & a photo frame for mothers day so needlless to say I'll be making a effort for fathers day. :)

I have to be honest, I don't think any men will really care if women ignore father's day or not. I was a little surprised to see some of the angry responses in the other thread. But then, I don't think it's a big deal either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->