'two wrongs don't make a right' mothers/fathers day

I'm trying to weigh this one up. DH did come home with flowers and cards (one from LO and one from him - it was for a wife whos a great mum, never seen that before!)

But last year holds sore memories for me on fathers day, so i dunno what to do. Part of me just doesnt want to make the effort after that day, but we promised to move forward.

Im still annoyed over yesterday after I made sure his mum got a really special gift. posting it to her..we were shopping in asda on sat and I got 'pick summat u want' FFS! lol I said I dont want nowt (just someone to put some thought and effort into choosing me something like i do for everyone else). or even getting up once with OUR baby during the night Id of been chuffed with! sorry rant over on a positive note:

Luckily my 7 yr old dont take after daddy and had made me a gorgeous card and a homemade photo frame! :)

Im still annoyed over yesterday after I made sure his mum got a really special gift. posting it to her..we were shopping in asda on sat and I got 'pick summat u want' FFS! lol I said I dont want nowt (just someone to put some thought and effort into choosing me something like i do for everyone else). or even getting up once with OUR baby during the night Id of been chuffed with! sorry rant over on a positive note:

Luckily my 7 yr old dont take after daddy and had made me a gorgeous card and a homemade photo frame! :)

They are the best gifts aren't they, a folded piece of paper with scribbles on! :haha: I can't wait for Riley to be able to do his own mothers day card, it's so cute to get a hand made card!

To be fair I made it clear that if I didnt get anything he would be in the doghouse. He had already got some pics printed, and bought a frame and put on in, its a nice and apparently expensive frame, and he got me a cd that was released in 2008 lol!! And he forgot to get me a card. So he did try abit, but I dont think he put too much effort into it. Fathers day will come and I could be petty and conveniently forget to get him a card but I'm not like that, no matter how rubbish he is when there is an occasion (birthday, anniversary, christmas, valentines day) I still get him nice presents which I put alot of thought into, while he pops to Tesco cos he can't be bothered to do much else.

I'm going to make the effort to 'show him how its done' :winkwink: xx

both holidays mean precisely fuck all to me so I won't be buying him anything for fathers day, I wasn't even in the same city as him yesterday! I never even realised mothers day was a big deal :shrug:

I was really upset with my OH. He is usually so good but yesterday I didnt even get so much as a card for my first mothers day - I am not the type of person to ever ask for things, expensive gifts or anything - I never had but this really meant something to me - even if he just got me a card and some flowers it would have been nice but I got nowt!!
He knew I was upset about it as my mum asked in front of him what I got when we went to see her and I said nothing and he got a telling off lol. He tried to apologise and said we could go buy something but I said no! It's not the point, its meant to be a surprise and even a card would have done.

So fathers day.....he will get sod all. Which I didnt want to do as he has a daughter from a previous relationship and I bet her mum will get him a card and pressie from her, so will just make me look bad!

So I dunno what to do!

MEN!! Grrrr

I do love him though lol

I cant blaim OH because we where very busy moving yesterday and he never even got his mum one either (even though I normaly buy his mothers and get him to sign it)
Tbh honest I couldnt care less that he didnt get me a card, im not his mother and I dont realy expect others to care that I am a mother (im not their mother)
I will spoil oh on fathers day becaue thats just what I do.
I did get a drawing from LO though and thats worth everything to me more then a card :)

both holidays mean precisely fuck all to me so I won't be buying him anything for fathers day, I wasn't even in the same city as him yesterday! I never even realised mothers day was a big deal :shrug:

Are you my long lost sister or what? :rofl:

Are you my long lost sister or what? :rofl:

I always find you in threads saying the same cynical thought I just had :rofl:

It's not mother's day for awhile here but if oh didn't do something, I think I would still make a point of celebrating fathers day. My reasoning is that I want DS to see us doing nice things for each other, another thing is that it would make oh feel guilty as hell lol!
OH doesn't really do that much for my birthday or Christmas (he says it's too hard as they are 4 days apart) even after I threw two huge parties for his birthday when DS was only 4 weeks old!
I think men aren't the quickest bunnies in the forest when it comes to doing these things but I am fortunate in this one regard that MIL is bossy. She would kill oh if he didn't do anything!

Well, me and my husband do not celebrate things like valentines day, wedding anniversary or do anything for our birthdays so I did not expect anything, we also have a little less money this week (DH got paid wrong and we are spending quite a lot on the house in a few weeks) so I did not expect anything. To my shock he got me a potted plant (I am not really a flowers person but I intend to use the pot again, lol), chocolate and a card so I may have to think of something to do for fathers day now. OK, so it was nothing too fancy but I though that this and a Domino's was a sweet thing to do;
View attachment 188852

I was very upset last year, when I got no recognition for mother's day. (In Canada, so it's in May). However, I let him know my feelings, then still celebrated father's day for him. I didn't have much money at the time, so I got him an electronic photo frame for his desk at work, a card from LO, and I got LO to paint him a picture, which hangs on the fridge.
I'm still a bit upset about missing out on my first mother's day, so hopefully he does a bit better this year.

This :haha:

My husband is crappy at that sort of thing. Mothers day isnt until next month here but it doesnt matter what he does or doesnt do, hes a man and men aren't wired the same as women are. I will still do whatever I can at the time when Father's Day rolls around because I am a woman and we care more about stuff like that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->