TWW- 1dpo

teamdavis

Reaction score
This is my first cycle TTC and this waiting period is terrifying! I am just looking for support and maybe some friends to come along this two week journey with me???? :wacko:

Here's to the next 14 days!!!!

Hey!! Today is 1 DPO for me also and it's my first cycle TTC! My emotions have been all over the place today. I'm scared that I'm crazy for wanting to be pg while still in school... Like, what if I'm actually pregnant?! Will I be in too much of a fragile state?
I feel half-sick today, but obviously I know that it's not MS. Lol. I think my nerves are just getting the better of me!
So glad I found someone else who is TTC first cycle and on dpo 1 also!
You're not alone! We will be fine :)
When are you testing? It ma be early but I'm testing 2/18 at 10 DPO!

I am in school too! Thinking this is absolutely nuts ( in the best way possible!)

I don't know when I'll be testing. My DH wants to test early, but if I get a BFN I will be sad. I just don't know! Lol. :haha:

I'm glad You responded, nice to have someone in the same boat!

I just think we need to relax and try and think about other things. Lol.

What are you going to school for?

I'm getting my Masters in Social Work. Done in August! Yay! You?!

I feel nauseous again today... def nerves...

I'm 4DPO, but I'm trying to find as many buddies as possible to get through this TWW!

Springer - I have an MSW :) What line of social work are you looking to get into?

Cool :) im feeling called to substance abuse, but I have a lot of experience in the severe mental health field too, so leaving my options open. What field are you in?

3 dpo!!!! Emotions are all over the place. Keeping busy, but I'm always busy with ft work and ft school.

I'm also in school right now girls! I was planning on taking the Fall semester off if I do fall pregnant. I'm 2 DPO, hopefully we'll all get our BFPs!

I was doing school social worker for awhile (i.e. school counselor), but am taking a break and working as an alumni coordinator. I spent 3 months doing child protection social work in the UK and it was so intense that I felt I needed a break.

Substance abuse is definitely an important area! The great thing about MSWs is you can use them for so many different things. One of the reasons why I picked it over a psych degree.

5DPO... next week can't get here any faster!

Springer- Wow! That's amazing! Masters, I am very impressed.:) As for me, I am getting my early childhood development degree. Right now I am a director in an after school program and I just love my job!!!

SWlady- Alumni coordinator sounds like a fun job, and very rewarding. :)

Alexa- What are you taking in school????

I am currently 3dpo and I just can't stop thinking about it. No symptoms that I can think of, except I had terrible gas cramps yesterday, but I am sometimes gassy. So whatevs. lol.

When is everyone testing? I originally didn't know when I was going to test, but I think I decided 2/20 (12dpo). Springer- I know you said the 18th, is that when you're still going to do it? I can't wait to hear the results!

I am spreading lots and lots of baby dust to us all and hopefully we all get our BFP's!

3dpo and I just can't stop thinking about it!

I'm majoring in Public Accounting and Managerial Finance, I'm pretty good with numbers. And I'm not testing until the 21st. With my first baby, I swore I wouldn't test until the night of my missed period. It was tough, but it helped tremendously with my stress levels! GOOD LUCK ladies! :)

Every month I tell myself to wait until the day my AF is expected and I never can do it, so I'm impressed that you did! If I manage to hold off, I'd be testing the 21st. But let's be real... I'll probably be testing on the 17th. :) Maybe you guys will be able to talk me out of it though!

Davis, that's an awesome field! I love kids. I'm sure you'll be a great mom, too, since you have so much passion for children! Although I'm telling myself it's best to wait, yes, I will likely be testing on 2/18 (10 dpo), then at 12, 14, 16 dpo as well, most likely. Lol

SW, I've heard that child welfare has a huge burnout rate. I 100% agree on your reasons for choosing SW! Definitely a wider variety of options to get into and a lot lesser need to get your Doctorate than psych. I'm definitely a social worker at heart, too! Many psychologists can be very arrogant, imo.

Alex, that's a great field! I admire you for being numbers-oriented because that's definitely not a strength of mine!

I'm sooo glad we found each other, ladies! It seems like we all have some things in common which is awesome! Baby dust!!
How old is everyone? I (and dh) are 29. :)

Agreed Spring! I'm 29 and my DH is almost 28.

I'm trying so hard not to symptom spot right now, but I swear I feel every tweak and twinge in my body!

Do you guys all have tons of school work/classes to keep you distracted?

That's awesome, SW! Something else we have in common :)
I googled/symptom spotted a bunch on Monday and Tuesday until I told myself to stop being so ridiculous! Lol!
Yes, I work full-time as a nurse's aide on third shift and intern 16 hours per week... Plus 3 online classes, a husband and a doggy, so definitely busy! I still find time to obsess about this ttc thing though! Google is my best friend and worst enemy! :lol:
Did you take the licensure exam, SW?

Hi ladies, I hope I'm not gate-crashing..!
Looks like we may be due around the same time (I'm CD21 today, AF is due around the 18th)

I'm almost certain I haven't ovulated this month so I don't have a chance unless a miracle happens..! But would like to follow with you ladies if that's ok..? :)

Of course Memma! The more the merrier :) You're not out until AF shows up!

Spring - Wow! You are one busy lady! I didn't get licensed, because as a school social worker I had to get certificated like a teacher. I did take an exam (the Praxis), but it didn't get me the LIC in front of my SW and I would have had to pay someone privately for supervision. I'm debating whether to do that in the future. I think I only would pursue licensure if I decided I wanted to go into counseling. If your future job enables you to get free supervision (i.e. from your boss), then definitely go for it!

I've had on and off cramping for the past 4 days, which I've been getting every month mid-cycle for the past 3 cycles. I can't figure out what it is!

Hi ladies!

I'm part of another thread leftover from last month but wanted to join you all because I'm a social worker, too! Finished up my master's last May and am now doing some school social work. How funny that we are all TTC.

I have been TTC for four cycles now. Tried out the Clearblue digitals for OPK and got a solid smiley this morning, so tomorrow will be 1dpo. I had lots of EWCM this cycle-- I think it had to do with me upping my water and Omega 3 intake. I plan on testing around the 18th, then waiting to see if AF shows.

Memma- SW is right! You're not out until AF shows up!
Alexa- I admire anyone that is good with numbers- I am currently taking ( and barely scraping by) a math class right now!
Springer- thanks! I can say the same about you, social work requires a huge heart and tons o' compassion. Two qualities that are required to be a great mommy. ❤️❤️
Emchilada- welcome to the party! 😄

I am 30 and DH will be 30 in April. 😄

I totally agree about google! Oh my goodness!!! I just need to step away from the computer. Lol! Working ft and school 3 nights a week definitely does distract a little bit- but it is so easy to obsess.

I have a question... Do you all let your DH's know exactly how much you think about TTC and symptom spot? I feel like if he knew how much it was on my mind he would think I was nuts!

P.S I can't wait until the 17th/18th when our first group of testers will be testing!! Can't wait for the results!! GL and baby dust to all!

If I haven't ovulated this month though (as suspected), it would be impossible, lol!
Been TTC for 8 months (and NTNP for one month before that) - but I only found out 2 months ago that I have PCOS and don't ovulate properly/regularly :-(

I already have 10 year old twin boys (not OH's), and I conceived them at the age of 18, unplanned - so obviously a lot has changed since then and it's proving very stressful now..!
So in answer to teamdavis' question, I try not to talk about it all as much any more. I did at first, we both did! He used to symptom spot with me, lol! But that's when we stupidly thought it would only take a few months! As the months have gone on, we have both reigned the talking in a bit, as we just end up driving ourselves nuts and ultimately, disappointed..!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->