TWW- 1dpo

SW- Awww! Yay! I will only keep positive thoughts for you, and I have heard that cramping is totally normal in the first few weeks of pregnancy. But I understand your concerns, sending lots of prayers and fx'd!! :)

YAY!

AFM-Feeling much better. So that in itself is good. :)

And that's all for me. lol (Man, I am just so exciting aren't I?)

Keep us updated SW!! :)

Oh and Em- Staying away from symptom spotting is so hard, but I think it is so helpful to not do it.

Are the allergies getting to you once you stopped Zyrtec?

I am keeping my fx'd for us all! :)

Team,

They haven't been too bad! IVe been doing allergy shots for about 7 months and the results are amazing. The only thing I can't seem to kick is the post nasal drip. I'm glad you're feeling good!

Em - Keep up your relaxed approach and try to distract yourself! Distraction is the only thing I've found that helps with symptom spotting.

Team - I'm glad you're feeling better. Keeping the stress down is the hardest part. What helped me decrease stress this month was not tracking anything. Just BD'd every other day from when AF ended until well past when I should have ovulated. Are you using an app or anything?

AFM... My blood results came back with HCG levels of 86.5, which my dr noted was "consistent with early pregnancy, but not definitive." Which did not make me feel better... I have a second blood draw today so that they can compare and make sure my levels are rising fast enough. I'm scared and anxious, because of the cramping and back aches I've been having. The spotting has lightened, but as of yesterday there was still a little bit. Ugh. This second time around is so much more stressful because I'm a million times more paranoid and worried than the first (which ended in a molar pregnancy at 12 weeks). I'm trying to take deep breathes and relax (hah) until Monday when I should hear back my results. I appreciate all your positive thoughts!

Fxed for you, Em and Team. I feel like we have a lucky board here! I'm (im)patiently waiting for your BFPs!

SW,

Definitely keep doing everything you can to relax and stay stress free. Practice some ultimate self care. I am praying your levels keep increasing and you've got a healthy little baby on the way!

Hey ladies!

Just checking in. AF is possible within the next few days. I've been so tired, which normally happens before she shows up. Last night I even went to bed before DH and that NEVER happens. I didn't even hear him come to bed. Safe to say I'm feeling wiped out! I think this cycle should be over on Tuesday. However, if this cycle were as long as last month's I'd have until Friday. I'll wait until then to test, I think.

How are y'all doing? Hanging in there?

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Em - I'm madly impressed you're holding off on POAS! Fxed for you! Being super tired can be a good sign...

Afm... I'm waiting to hear back from the dr today about my blood test results. I didn't sleep very well last night in anticipation. Hopefully they don't make me wait all day!

SW,

Has the spotting stopped or are you still getting it? I hope they contact you soon!

AFM,
I had the faintest spotting last night and woke up this morning with light cramps and the spotting is getting worse. Looks like every other month when AF starts but I've been praying all day that it will stop and be a sign of implantation. Although I have that hope, realistically that's not the case most likely since all the signs point to the mean ol witch!

Spotting has stopped! But I have had back aches all weekend long and some cramping. No call yet though...

Em - I thought the same thing, I was spotting for 8 days straight. So don't be discouraged yet!

SW,

It seems to be the full-fledged AF. It's bright red, getting heavier by the hour, and cramps are worse. Looks like it's on to the 6th month.

I'm glad your spotting stopped! Perhaps the aches and pains are just a sign your uterus is changing!

Bummer :( Next month!! Or are you skipping because of Xmas?

Sw,

Well, I was planning on trying next month...but for the past few weeks I have had something else on my heart. DH and I have always wanted to adopt, but always just figured we would have a child biologically first. I can't get the idea out of my head that since we have always wanted to adopt, the order doesn't matter. I talked with DH today and he felt the exact same way. We may put off TTC and explore adopting through the state. It would be a big undertaking, but it makes me really giddy thinking about it. I keep thinking we are rushing into it, but it's not a quick process so I think it may be the right timing now.

Em - Wow! That is wonderful! I have an adopted younger sister (whom we love as if she were born into our family) and I truly admire and respect couples willing to adopt. I know my parents were far better and more loving than my sister's birth parents would have been.

Any baby would be so lucky to have you as a parent! I hope the process isn't too long and tedious. Have you thought about whether you want to adopt a newborn vs older baby/toddler?

SW,

My mind has played out every possible scenario haha. I did some work with Child Protective Services and it opened my eyes to so much... As well as how tedious the process can be. DH and I are still both very young and since it would be our first child, I think we are more comfortable with a younger kiddo. Maybe 2 or under? Later on, we'd love to adopt older or even foster all ages. We would foster now, but DH doesnt feel emotionally prepared for that just yet. I'm throwing some lines out to people I know who've been through the process and am going to see if private or state is going to be better suited for us. They both have their pros and cons. I'm getting really excited though! Still a little sad that we will stop TTC for a bit, but I'm sure that will disappear once I get involved in the adoption process.

I also did work for CPS (though while I was living in London) and it is definitely eye opening! But it also shows you how many children are out there who need good, loving homes.

I completely understand wanting to start with a younger child and then perhaps in the future fostering/adopting older kids. One of the benefits is you can still work on forming that strong attachment with babies.

I don't really understand the differences between private/state (I was too young when we adopted by sister), but I hope you figure out what's right for you soon so that you can get started on the journey!

Hi Ladies!

So excited for you SW! Hope what you heard from the doc was good news! Can't wait to hear!

Em- what an amazing journey that will be!! So exciting!! I've always thought about adopting. Can't wait to hear your stories!!!

Afm- not feeling that great. I had another period, stopped then started spotting AGAIN. Been lightly spotting for 3.5 days now. Really have no clue what's going on. Going to the doc again soon to see what's happening.

I pray for good things for all.

Just feeling kind of down... I have always ALWYS been so regular, and now weird things are happening my second month of ttc. I just don't get it.

Team - I'm sorry you're feeling down :( This whole process is such a roller coaster of emotions. I think it's a great idea to go get the spotting checked out. At the very least, you can get some peace of mind and be ready and rearing to go next cycle!

Afm... the dr said my HCGs increased nicely, which is great! I'm just so scared this time around... every cramp or twinge I worry about miscarriage and I know that's not healthy at all. I'm trying to keep myself focused on other things right now, but it's so hard! I also know that whenever the first ultrasound is, I'm going to be terrified. The last time we had one it was so traumatic (12 weeks and was told it was a MMC). I just keep telling the little bug to stick!

SW, I have faith this one will stick! All those little twinges are your body preparing to carry a little human for 9 months. It sounds like your doctor has hope for it! I'm so happy for you!

Team, when I was in high school I had that exact thing happen to me. It was a month and a half of bleeding-- basically back to back periods with spotting inbetween. My doctor told me it was due to anxiety and stress. Do you think TTC has added a lot of stress?

DH and I decided that we are going to attend some info sessions on foster care/adoption, but we are going to wait to start the process until June. It takes about three months before we could even be considered for a placement and the fall would be better for us than the summer. In the meantime, we are going to still TTC for the months of April and May. We will see what happens! I'm a little concerned though because for the past few months I have had some symptoms that could be endometriosis. I'm going to try and get into the doctor to have it checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->