TWW after missing birth control pill

ja14

Reaction score
Hello! I was hoping someone here may have a little insight to share with me.

I've been the birth control pill for about four years. I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen, but about a year ago I was switched to the generic form (I can't think of the name right off). I've never been very good at taking the pill at the same time everyday, and every once in a while there's been a day I've missed. I've never had any breakthrough bleeding or anything though.

This month, I had a series of events that caused me to practically miss three pills close together. The first night (which was cd15 I believe) I dropped my pill by mistake and could not find it. Two nights later (cd17) my husband & I had a night out where I drank alcohol, and I unusually got really sick. I think I may have thrown up the pill I had taken that night, the next night (cd18) I took the pill probably about 12 hours later than I normally do.

When I start taking placebo pills it always takes three days before I start my period, or withdraw bleeding. I'm assuming missing three pills made my body think this is what happen, so on CD19 I started spotting. I continued taking my BCP.
I'm now on CD 27, and this is the 9th day that I am still lightly bleeding. (Maybe TMI to follow) ... From what I remember (I didn't write any of this down) At first, it was just when wiping, and then it was a tad more but still very light. Sometimes, it was light pink & sometimes brown. One day, probably the fourth or fifth it seemed completely gone, the started back, It seemed to get a little heavier, but still considered "light". The last couple days it's been a very watery reddish-brown color.

We BD with no protection on CD15,18,19,20.

Knowing that I missed multiply days of bcp, there is a def chance I could've became pregnant. Is it normal that I'm still bleeding 9 days later or could it be something else? My normal "withdraw" bleed is about 5 days, but I'm assuming since I was still taking the pill it should have been even shorter.
I won't be able to watch for a missed period, because I started my new pack yesterday instead wanted for the placebo week.

Please let me know your opinions, based on experience or not! :)

(By the way, I am planning on testing again, but I only have 1 test so I'm going to wait a few days)

I'm not sure really! I do know that missing pills can throw things off a lot. Or generally anything that messes with your progesterone. When I had my IUD put in, I had 10 day periods back to back within two weeks. And I'm always text book regular within 2-3 days.

I would keep taking it as normal and wait and see. Or if you are worried, call the doctor to see if you can have a blood test done to be sure! Hopefully it works out in a way that is best for you! I'm kinda in a similar position with birth control failure only its because my IUD randomly fell out (so rare). :|

It's now day 11 of bleeding. I ended up using that test I had, and I'm going to refrain from buying another for a week or so. I think it's very unlikely I'm pregnant, but I know it's defiantly possibly!

I'm on the fourth day of my new BCP pack, so I really think the hormones level should be getting back to normal. :/ We'll see, I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->