TWW cramping, +cm but no AF

SDaley21

Reaction score
Hi there,

Not sure when I ovulated as still hadn't gotten a positive opk by CD 20 so gave up testing and just BD every other day for good measure.
My usual pattern is that I have cramping for a few hours the day before AF arrives... CD 31 I noticed little twangs and stretching & had a heavy, bloated feeling down there. CD 32 and 33 I had quite intense cramps with heavy, bloated and pulling feelings. (TMI) but my cm has increased (watery/creamy) no sign of AF not even streaks of brown or pink. Im now on CD34, BFN with FMU (using a cheap hpt that isn't super sensitive) and still feel quite full and 'bloated' down there and cm is still abundant. What is happening? I either want AF to hurry up and show so I can get on with my next cycle or get a :bfp:! Ahhhh waiting sucks! :?

This sounds very hopeful I wud take a test hon. Good luck

CD35 today, used FMU with my last cheap HPT, another BFN! No sign of AF and I still have LOADS of cm. I'm feeling really discouraged now, I just have no idea what is going on :confused:

Is it possible that the test wasn't strong enough or maybe you ovulated later than you had thought and it's still a little early to test? I have at least heard of these two possibilities!

With my first pregnancy I thought AF was about to start because I had been having constant cramping, although it felt more mild and probably more like "twangs and stretching" like you describe. This started at the time AF should have started and stayed regular. When the next month came around and I again had no AF I took a test and it was positive within a few seconds. Maybe it turned + so fast because I was at least 8 weeks along, so maybe earlier along it might not show as quickly or at all? I was 21 and not expecting to be pregnant so wasn't paying attention to symptoms, but I remember those twangs and tingling in the uterus area and also some bloating, and into the second month a couple of instances of nausea but nothing ongoing. I did also have CM throughout the first month, and I recall once around the first AF due date that it was very watery and white and there was quite a bit, it happened when I went to the bathroom and it felt the way you can feel a heavy AF flow coming out.

I am now 43, I married last year and we are TTC. I remember being pregnant nearly 23 years ago so well though including what early pregnancy felt like! Although I know many women my age and older who have no difficulties conceiving naturally, I also know many who do so I have been reading and seeking fertility counseling and doing what I can to know how to stay proactive in TTC.

Have you considered having an Ultrasound and hormone testing to check out your egg reserves and hormone levels? I don't know your age (I'm guessing most of you ladies here are younger than me, but maybe notO:)) and if you're still in the "typical" TTC ages maybe there's no need to check, however I have read about and met women as young as 20s having low egg reserves and other things that could affect TTC. I also know someone who began perimenopause in her early 30s and now at 40 she said she's almost had the one year without AF, considered early for menopause.

These issues when younger are not so common to my understanding, but after reading It Starts With The Egg by Rebecca Felt I wish I had checked into my fertility awhile ago to keep up on a couple of my issues (including fibroids) before TTC. It's never to early is what I took away from the book!

Sorry for the long post, I am just so excited to get more information from others TTC and to hopefully share something helpful when possible! I've definitely found It Starts With The Egg helpful and it's what made me aware of taking Coq10 to improve egg quality and also what encouraged me to seek out an Ultrasound and hormone testing and also fertility counseling.

I hope you get your BFP soon! :yellow:

Last edited:
Hi StephanieCmi,

I suppose both of those could be a possibility! I'm going to wait another 2 days and if AF still hasn't arrived then I will go and buy some credible HPT's (first response maybe?).
Wow your first pregnancy journey sounds like it was a wild ride! lol
Thank you so much for your advice, if my body ends up playing tricks on me this cycle I might head to the drs and get checked out like you have suggested :)
Good luck with your TTC journey, FX for BFP's for both of us soon!
I will keep you updated with what happens xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->