TWW madness (sorry, it's a novel!)...

mommasamittc

Reaction score
I haven't been on here for quite some time. I had my son in July 2013. He is our angel baby. We tried for almost 11 years, off and on. No fertility drugs or aids. Just charting, temping and hoping, basically. I have two older boys, 19 and 12. Tanner, the newest bundle is nothing short of a blessing. We suffered 3 losses in that process. The pregnancy was very rough and labor was scary. Poor little Tanner broke his collar bone on the way out. We didn't find that out for a week! He's almost 9 months old now and doing great!!:thumbup:

We had a conversation or two about Tanner being our last or trying one more time so that at least 2 of our kids grew up closer together. The only thing holding us back has been finances. And dh didn't want to see me go through another hard pregnancy like the last. He was misrable the whole time, just watching me suffer. Hyperemesis :sick:(hospitalized twice), placenta previa (corrected itself around 28 weeks), too much amniotic fluid most of the pregnancy, measuring 2-3 weeks ahead most of the pregnancy, borderline gestational diabetes, quad results 1:25, severe sciatica (hospitalized once, chiropractor and physical therapy from 14 weeks until a week before I delivered), AMA/high risk and appointments every two weeks the entire pregnancy and dh got no nookie from 6 weeks until 6 weeks after I delivered!! Poor guy! lol :nope:

We decided not to make anything permanent in case we decided (before I turn 40 in August 2015) that we want one more. I've had a lot of problems all my life with the different forms of birth control I've tried (two different brands of the pill (seasonique and another I can't remember a long way back), the depo shot (I was on it 6 years and it was nothing but problems the last year until I got off and all my 'problems' resolved themselves), and the not so trusty pull out method.:huh: We used the PO method for 14 years. Neither of us were ever tested for any fertility issues but I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis a few years back after finally talking to my OB about some issues I was having. He suspects that is what made it hard to get pregnant and ultimately to stay pregnant.

There have been a multitude of crazy things going on in our life the last year or so, including my oldest son getting married and almost getting divorced, dh finally getting a promotion he was promised at work but still waiting on approval for his pay, 12 year old is smack dab in the middle of puberty and holy cow!!!! And my 20 year old step daughter lives a few hours away making it difficult for us to see her much. So kind of a lot of stress.

Now on to today...

Dh and I dtd (he didn't po!) three times during my fertile period this cycle. :dohh: I keep track still because it helps me to know 1. when it's safe, 2. when my period is expected and 3. what is going on with my body. I used some left over OPK's from when I was trying to conceive Tanner and got + on CD 14 and 15, which makes me about 6 dpo today. So far I've been super tired for about 5 days, sore abdomen (sore muscles), back ache, headaches, boobs are sore under my arms but only to the touch, peeing a lot (but I drink coffee:coffee:), some shooting pains in my crotch (sorry, tmi), super thirsty, high, soft cervix (can't really tell if it's open or closed), nauseated the last 2 days and warmer than normal body temperature....though I haven't temped this cycle. I have some cheapie hpt's but I'm not testing before Monday.

I'm 38, almost 39 years old. I have one under one, a teenager and an adult child. I think my body is more prepared for menopause than another pregnancy...and two in diapers?? :wacko:

Is anyone else even remotely close to the situation I'm in? I guess I need a little understanding, encouragement and sympathy all at the same time. ](*,) I understand the TWW madness when you've tried for 11 years off and on and you're ready to give up...but this is new for me. Of course I'll be happy....but I'm also a little scared. Thank you for reading. :shy:

Interesting story! I wish you the best, and maybe Monday we will all know what's in your future. :dust: if you want it. :)

Take it easy.

Thank you! And thank you for reading. I'm pretty nervous but whatever will be, will be. :)

Wow! You are one busy mamma, and definitely sound stressed. I can't say I personally relate to your situation but I truly believe that what will be, will be. I'm glad you are here for support, try to relax if you can :) :hugs:

Wow! You are one busy mamma, and definitely sound stressed. I can't say I personally relate to your situation but I truly believe that what will be, will be. I'm glad you are here for support, try to relax if you can :) :hugs:

Thank you for the kind words <3

Well, I tested 9dpo (apr. 14th) and got what I think is a :bfn: It was a Walmart cheapie so I'll try again this weekend. :witch: is due 4/20 (Easter Sunday!) so we'll see. I am still super fatigued....more than usual. But I also have a teething 8 month old who isn't sleeping well and a high anxiety husband who thrashes in his sleep. lol I may cave and take another Walmart cheapie in the next couple days. We'll see how strong my will power is. :wacko::dohh:

AF came yesterday. 2 days early! I've heard of stress making AF late, but early? Lol I guess in relieved but I won't lie...I was starting to get a little excited. :-/

That's a bummer, ive seen a lot of ladies having early AFs this month. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->