u dont really have to eat for 2 during pregnancy do u?

GetNmyBelly

Reaction score
ok so before I got pregnant I weighed 203 (don't judge me lol) I now weigh 188. I want 2 continue 2 lose weight. its safe right? since im overweight? I would like 2 get down 2 around 150-160 im 5'5 by the way. so I don't eat a lot at all. but the baby doesn't need a whole lot does he? any advice on this would be great!

You shouldn't try to lose weight in pregnancy without the supervision and OK from your doctor or midwife x

As above really.
I'm doing slimming world which is approved by midwives but you need their supervision. Also it's more healthy eating while pregnant then losing weight, you don't need to eat for two at all but you do need to eat a healthy full diet for your baby.
In your third tri you are meant to eat 200 calories extra a day, which amounts to two slices of toast but until then you don't need any extra.
Please see you midwife, losing huge amounts can't be good for the baby, losing a little and being healthy is great though, and what I'm aiming for.

What they said hun healthy is the top priority xx

Nope actually dont increase calorie intake til last trimester i think.
I wouldnt worry too much about dieting as such. Slimming world is a good option with the support of your midwife .... but as they like to say thats a healthy lifestyle not a diet. Just eat sensibly choose healthy options. I ate totally normally throughout both my previous pregnancies and my 1st after 10 wks of breast feeding i was a dress size down from prepregnancy and with my second he just stole all my reserves and i came out of it 6lbs lighter ..... so i was pretty lucky ......put it back on and more tho :( lol

As other have said, don't do anything without professional advice hun. I am the same height as you an weighed 156 pounds at the end of my pregnancy with DD, but I started out at 126. I was back at my pre-birth weight within 2 months. You're effectively aiming for 4 stone worth of weight loss during pregnancy (once you push baby out). I'm not sure if that's healthy when growing a human. I think eating healthily during pregnancy is the way forward :)

I've heard eat an extra 300 calories a day. I wouldn't try to lose weight. But if you're eating healthy and getting some light excercise and just being healthy that lifestyle change might be what you're looking for anyway.

I feel like I've lost a bit of weight already just by changing eating habits. Haven't been to my mat apt yet where they will weigh me. I'm average size but still being weighed is never fun...

No you don't need extra calories at the mo however I have been extremely hungry and have felt dizzy if I don't eat every hour. Was following slimming world but struggling to stick to plan

I would say focus more on not gaining right now than losing. If you use an online food tracking tool like MyFitnessPal you can set your nutrition goals and set the weeky goal to "Maintain" rather than lose weight. If you do some exercise as well as eating maintenance calories then you may lose a bit, but it's important to get your nutrition in.

You only have to make this person for 9 months, and eating at maintenance may help raise your metabolism enough that you will lose weight even faster after pregnancy.

ok so before I got pregnant I weighed 203 (don't judge me lol) I now weigh 188. I want 2 continue 2 lose weight. its safe right? since im overweight? I would like 2 get down 2 around 150-160 im 5'5 by the way. so I don't eat a lot at all. but the baby doesn't need a whole lot does he? any advice on this would be great!

No you don't have to eat for two. In the last tri it's something like a piece of toast extra. If you're planning to lose weight through out pregnancy I would seek medical advice and avoid calorie restriction. The reason is the low calorie diet can reduce the amount of nutrients which isn't good for you or the baby ar all. I understand your predicament but I would look at maintaining and base your diet around lots of fruit and veggies and limited junk or not eating crap at all just being healthy really. x

thank u ladies!! I honestly couldn't believe I had lost that much weight but I wasnt really trying 2 I was just constantly vomiting & had absolutely no appetite. but for the past 3 days now I haven't thrown up! its awesome:) & im somewhat getting my appetite back but I would like 2 keep losing weight so im gonna talk 2 my doctor about it next appointment. my belly has seriously popped out in the last week or so. do I look big for how far along I am? its one baby! some of my shirts are getting small already! & like I said I have not gained weight I've lost like 15 pounds! ill add a picture of my pre preg belly 2 it was taken in November last yr. I hate the pre pregnancy picture but its the only one I have that shows my whole body! is it normal 4 my stomach 2 be this big? is it just bloated or is it really my baby?!

22339_236484769758_6736669_n.jpg

unnamed (4).jpg

If you're 13 weeks I think that is probably the start of a bump, and a bit of bloating.

And honestly from your pictures I would not think you are someone to lose weight, you just look curvy in the best way possible.

If you're 13 weeks I think that is probably the start of a bump, and a bit of bloating.

And honestly from your pictures I would not think you are someone to lose weight, you just look curvy in the best way possible.

thank u so much!! im definitely curvy but I would like 2 be at least not overweight as im sure its not healthy. & im so afraid im gonna get big & stay big after having baby. I know there are plenty of women who are small & go back 2 being small but im not small so I think it will be harder for me ..I do hear breast feeding helps the pounds come off tho. congrats on ur natural twins!! that is awesome. I would be so screwed if I was having twins lOl. do twins run n ur family?

that is so cool darkstar! I bet ur bump is probably as big or bigger than mine since u have twins n there:)

I feel massive. I took this today to send to my mom. Excuse the mirror spots :)

Attachments

• fr6ub8tm.jpg
    fr6ub8tm.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 8
o my goshhh wat a cute bump! u look further along! but its because u have 2 in there:) are these ur first babies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->