U.S. mommys look here!

amygwen

Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline
Reaction score

I just came across this program that's for infants aged 6 months to 1 year old. If you take your LO to see an optometrist (eye doctor) they will perform an eye exam 100% free, no matter how much money you make as long as they are between 6 months and 1 year old. Supposedly, a lot of eye problems can be diagnosed and fixed between this age which is why they recommend you take your LO at that age.

Here's the program:
https://www.infantsee.org/

Not all eye doctors accept the infantsee program, you can search for ones near you at this url:
https://www.aoa.org/x5428.xml

:hugs:

Awesome, thank you! Funnily enough I was just getting contacts the other day and saw a big pamphlet on how you should get your child's eyes checked at 6 months. I have horrid eyes and Evan has poor vision so Finn will definitely be getting checked!

Not from US but that sounds like such a good idea!

I know, I'm so glad I found it :D

Awesome, thank you! Funnily enough I was just getting contacts the other day and saw a big pamphlet on how you should get your child's eyes checked at 6 months. I have horrid eyes and Evan has poor vision so Finn will definitely be getting checked!

I know, both OH and I don't have very good eye sight either and it's better to be safe than sorry! I am glad I found this, I thought it was a bit absurd taking Kenneth to the dentist when he was 7 months old, but I thought it was even more absurd having to take him to the eye dr! But it just goes to show how important it actually is! I'm glad there's programs like this around! :D

Do you call them eye doctors? :lol: We call them opticians! And I only learnt a couple of months ago you call taps 'faucets' :lol: I'm a bit behind the times!

Do you call them eye doctors? :lol: We call them opticians! And I only learnt a couple of months ago you call taps 'faucets' :lol: I'm a bit behind the times!

LOL I call them eye doctors.. that's like the norm I think! haha. I've never called them an optician before.. but that's what they are :D
I know, it's so different. Since I'm from England I'm constantly around my parents who are using different terms for things. So I'm so used to saying 'serviette' for napkin or 'boot' for trunk of a car and 'wellies' for boots. :haha:

^^ LOL really?!?!

Oh and I made Kenneth's appointment for next Wednesday! I'll let everyone know how it goes :D I'm really nervous. I hate the eye doctors!

Yep haha! I looove the opticians, I find it so relaxing... I'm weird I know ;)

im scared of any type of doctors :haha:

Do they do that machine that puffs air in your eye?
That's probably my least favorite part about the eye doctor. Also, this past time I went, like when they have you stare into a really bright light so they can see your eye or whatever - you just have to keep your eye open REALLY wide.. all I kept imaging him doing was stabbing me in the eye with a pen LOL and I thought, OMG he could actually stab me in the eye with a pen and pretend it was an accident! I don't know why stuff like that goes through my head I am SUCH a weirdo :wacko:

We call eye doctors optometrists! And I have the worst eyes out of anyone I know, and FOB has terrible eyes, so Kayla will definitely be checked here in a few months!

Do they do that machine that puffs air in your eye?
That's probably my least favorite part about the eye doctor. Also, this past time I went, like when they have you stare into a really bright light so they can see your eye or whatever - you just have to keep your eye open REALLY wide.. all I kept imaging him doing was stabbing me in the eye with a pen LOL and I thought, OMG he could actually stab me in the eye with a pen and pretend it was an accident! I don't know why stuff like that goes through my head I am SUCH a weirdo :wacko:

:rofl::rofl:
We dont have the air puffing machine I dont think. They just put some funky frames on you and put various lenses into them then ask which looks clearer out of like a circle on a green background and a circle on a red background, then change the lenses and ask again, then you just read the letters as far down as you can go then they put a lens in and see if you can read more. The bit I like is when he looks inside my eye cos he comes right up close and touches my face really gently and I find it really soothing hahaha. And i dont fancy him before you ask, he's like a 50 year old short fat Chinese guy. I just like it ;) I was gutted last time I went and he said he didn't need to see me for 2 years

That is a good idea - I would never have taken Kacey to the opticians until she was at least at nursery... :?
I hate the opticians - especially that machine where you've got to focus on the hot air balloon, and they tell you not to blink - well I wasn't going too but now I really want to cause you've said not too :dohh:
And unless its really clear which ones better - I just randomly guess cause I don't have a clue... :haha:
xx

Reminds me I need my eyes checked (I wear glasses and havent been there for 3 years :dohh:)

Reminds me I need my eyes checked (I wear glasses and havent been there for 3 years :dohh:)

Ah-ooooooooo!
You should definitely go. I just recently went to get glasses because the last time I'd gotten glasses was a couple of years ago. And my prescription changed, not a lot.. but it was a remarkable difference! The eye dr said that pregnancy and having a baby can alter your vision? Haha! I don't know how true that is.. but definitely go! :D

Ah-ooooooooo!
You should definitely go. I just recently went to get glasses because the last time I'd gotten glasses was a couple of years ago. And my prescription changed, not a lot.. but it was a remarkable difference! The eye dr said that pregnancy and having a baby can alter your vision? Haha! I don't know how true that is.. but definitely go! :D

I was talking to a friend of mine and her sister didn't need glasses before pregnancy, but needed them after. So apperntally havng a baby can alter your vision.

Yay maybe this can be my excuse to see Phillip Ng!!! :haha: (Yeah thats his name..... Ng)

That's pretty neat. My son has had about 6 or so eye exams, and won't need another one until July (he'll be over 6 months though). I HATE them. He screamed every time, and it looked absolutely horrible. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->