ubiquinol or PQQ, or both for egg quality?

PatientMum

Reaction score
Dear ladies, Can anyone please advise? I take Ubiquinol to improve my egg quality (turning 40 in mid Jan) and have just come across posts about another supplement called PQQ. From what I can find on the internet it seems to have the same effects as Ubiquinol or CoQ10, i.e. improving mitochondria. Yet some women on fertility forums seem to be taking both. My question is, if I take Ubiquinol, is it smart to also take PQQ or is it redundant? Or does one possibly enhance the effect of the other? Has any of you tried either or both and how did it work out for you? The fertility treatment costs are adding up and I don't want to spend on both if it's has the same effect. Many thanks.

I take both for egg health & general overall health and anti aging they both work great together because PQQ is said to create new mitochondria in aging cells and Ubiquinol optimizes mitochondrial function and protects them from free radical damage.
some RE's are beginning to believe that PQQ can soften the Zona Pellucida (outer shell of the eggs ) thus increasing the fertilization rate.

dear lisap2008, thank you very much for your comment. how much do you take of each to improve your egg quality? i take 600 mg of ubiquinol and am just starting with pqq, and there's very little information on dosage. Also, have you heard of n-acetyl l-cysteine? im reading it also works wonders for old eggs...

I have been taking the ubiquinol for 13 months I started out taking 200-400mg a day then about 6 months ago I raised it to 600mg a day ,after reading about PQQ I started taking 20mg PQQ 8 months ago , but my first two IUI's failed so now I am increasing my dose to 40mg a day , so far the only side effects of the higher dose is a much more active mind and not being able to sleep in because of it.
I have also started taking fish oil its also good for egg health and I read that taking 720mg of EPA's a day can reduce NK cells which if too high do fight against conception and implantation.

I am not taking n-acetyl-l-cysteine or DHEA because was diagnosed with PCOS in my 20's so my testosterone is elevated already and the studys show that they both raise testosterone. but if your testosterone level is normal then I am sure they can help your egg quality.

lisap2008, thank you very much for the guidance on PQQ.
I am now a bit confused about n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) though. I thought it helped to tackle PCOS and doctors prescribed it to PCOS patients... such as in research papers I found through google on NCBI. BUt I can't post them here as I am a new member and the system doesnt allow me to post links yet.

Also, a website which deals with diet for PCOS patietns says NAC lowers testosterone levels in PCOS patients and leaves them unchange in women who have normal levels. it's pcosdietsupport...

I did a quick google search and found a study that said selenium along with NAC increases testosterone levels in men , but perhaps its not the effect it would have for women, I also just realized its one of the many amino acids in my whey protein shake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->