UCBaby...Wondering about a private scan...

HollySSmith

Mommy and a bit pregnant!
Reaction score
Hello All! Hope everything is going good with all you wonderful ladies. I'm from Canada and it seems from what I could find that most Dr's and midwives only sent you for a scan at the end of the 1st trimester....I'm really scared that something will be wrong and I was hoping to get in sooner (chances are slim unless I'm threatening miscarriage).
They have a company here (UCBABY -3d ultrasound) that may provide early scans specifically to hear the heartbeat and they havee another one called fetal viability ultrasound....does anyone know what that means really?
Has anyone gone and done this, and if so what was your experience? Just to hear the heartbeat is $15 (which is quite cheap I thought!) would you say it would be a good idea to go or to wait for the proper scan from the midwife?

All opinions welcome! Thank you ladies!

well i am a sonologist myself, and u can detect heart flicker by 6th week through abdominal scan, so i guess i would def want to have a scan then.

Thanks ladies! I need to call to see if they offer those services in our area yet and I also want to wait and see what the midwife says....
They offer this stuffed bear that the heartbeat is recorded into (you squeeze it and hear the heartbeat) and I wanted to get that for our parents....

I contacted a few 3d places including UC Baby in Vancouver and they generally don't do scans until later into pregnancy. I wasn't able to find a place that did private scans other than 3d places (sorry to be a bearer of bad news). But I was able to get a rec from my dr. before transferring to my midwife.

I suspect (and only suspect) this is due to stricter rules on who can perform ultrasounds in Canada. 3d ones are later in pregnancy after you've already had diagnostic ones by trained technicians.

Can you talk to your dr. or midwife and see if they will give you a rec for an earlier scan.

I contacted a few 3d places including UC Baby in Vancouver and they generally don't do scans until later into pregnancy. I wasn't able to find a place that did private scans other than 3d places (sorry to be a bearer of bad news). But I was able to get a rec from my dr. before transferring to my midwife.

I suspect (and only suspect) this is due to stricter rules on who can perform ultrasounds in Canada. 3d ones are later in pregnancy after you've already had diagnostic ones by trained technicians.

Can you talk to your dr. or midwife and see if they will give you a rec for an earlier scan.

thats what i thought but check out their website: https://www.uc-baby.com/en/services/packages-prices.php
I'm just not sure if that specific service is offered here. But they do say some locations offer it.

That is exciting!!! Must be new as it wasn't on their site before. I think they will make a killing doing that!

List of Services

Dating Ultrasound (6-12 week)
Fetal Viability Ultrasound (6-18 weeks)

Yeah it seemed to be recently updated...haven't called them so I don't know if they have those services here (I hope they do) I could also try to guilt the midwife lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->