Ugh, Every hour? Come on!

AGuy

Reaction score
So i took some advice from a lot of people on here that i should feed my son on demand, and not in a routine.

We've been doing this now, but his milk intake is very erratic. He took 4 ounces in the space of an hour last night, then wanted more each hour!

Some times he will only take an ounce, an hour later he'll want more, only take an ounce and so on....:hissy:

I feel that he's turned into a greedy little sod since changing to on demand. As i said. He will take his normal 3 ounces. He'll be knocked out from that, then wake up half an hour to an hour later wanting more. And he will really chomps the teat as if he's never been fed before. Also keeps trying to eat his hands!

I figure I'm doing something wrong. He's burped almost all the time, and at the end of the feed, he's always knocked out from it.

He's probably just going through a growth spurt and will slow down soon. I would continue to feed him when he wants, he knows when he's hungry, as long a he isn't making himself sick, he will slow down again in probably about a week or so

I think it may be a growth spurt...? As above, he should settle down soon.

My LO is like this too. I agree with the other's and think it's a growth spurt. x

Elyse does this sometimes too.. growth spurt I believe! :)

If he is only taking an oz, I would try and develope a routine and get him to take more in one bottle. I've never feed that "on demand".. he shouldnt need to be feed for 2-3 hours at least. If he is feeding the frequently he likely is trying to comfort suck... try a soother or your finger.

maybe a growth spurt, but are you sure hes actually hunry an hour later ?
do you use a dummy ? as it may just be that he wants the comfort of sucking on something... just a thought

i always said id not use dummies for my son but im glad i brought some just incase as he has always been a "sucky" baby after 6 months ish i only gave it too him at nap times , and he still pretty much has it only for sleeping now at 1 year old.

He's probably just going through a growth spurt and will slow down soon. I would continue to feed him when he wants, he knows when he's hungry, as long a he isn't making himself sick, he will slow down again in probably about a week or so

agree :thumbup:

My little girl is a sporadic eater, only wanting a little bit at a time.
Its starting to get better though, she is starting to take 5 OZ bottles a couple times a day. Its just so hard to gage, and formula is expensive to just pour it down the drain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->