UGH Seriously?

Skywalker

Reaction score
I had wheat today which I know isn't good but I had no other bread as I ran out of my gluten-free bread. Laying in bed, I started having the terrible stabbing pain in my airways that I often get with wheat, only this is more intense than I've ever felt. I've been diagnosed with asthma and for whatever reason eating wheat really affects my airways. It's not like anyphyllactic shock because my throat doesn't close, it's just pain. My midwife said that pregnancy can make asthma worse. Would that then make my reaction to wheat worse, or is this probably just a fluke? I can't even begin to lay down or all of my airways feel like they're getting stabbed :(

My asthma plays up in pregnancy too it's horrible cause I don't really like using my puffers.
I'd really try to steer clear of anything you know that might flare it up if you can :)

I was told 1/3 of asthma sufferers have worse symptoms in pregnancy 1/3 have fewer symptoms and 1/3 stay the same, so it's pot luck! You know your own body, I would advise listen to it ;) xxx

Sounds like for you pregnancy as made your asthma worsen. If wheat always did this to you prior to pregnancy then I am not surprised the effects are more intense.

Now you are gasping for air for 4 lungs.

Wow, another thing in common! I have many of the same issues. Gluten, dairy, refined sugars etc all put my body into a tizzy! I feel short of breath from doing nothing and the past few nights I have been more comfortable propping myself up more than fully laying down.

Happy 8+3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->