ughh... MIL

mrsadair

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
my MIL keeps on saying, "i just KNOW he'll be born on the 19th, i just KNOW it" because that is her birthday. it's getting old... i'm not even due until the 5th of january! i try to ignore it when she says that, but earlier she was texting me and i kinda blew it off and changed the subject and she brought it up again. then on facebook i had written something about how i wish he'd get here soon and she's like "oh well you will be meeting him on saturday i'm just sure of it" and i'm like... SHUT UP! i don't want to have him on her birthday! i want him to have his OWN special birthday that nobody else in the family has... is that so wrong?

it pisses me off that she keeps saying that she just KNOWS it. i'm like nooo, you don't know that. i don't know that. baby doesn't even know that! and if i do go into labor on the 19th i swear i will squeeze it shut so tight he can't get out until after midnight.

ughhhhha;dfjal;fdjaf annoyingggggg

/rant

:hugs: i get this off in laws too - mostly his cousin - she cant leave my belly alone and alllllllways says "her names Felicity, haha, its one name i can never say properly, yeh her name felicity, felicity" OMfG! lol!!! i have to turn around and try to ignore her cos she just hangs off my bump!!

and shes not being called Felicity! lol

xx

Ahhh how annoying can MILs be!!

Mine keeps going on about how she's certain he will be born on the 23rd (her youngests birthday) and how she's certain it'll be then.

I wanna punch the woman! I'm going in for an induction on Sunday, so he'd better be here before Wednesday! I think she's cruel wanting me to be in labour for so long!!

Just wait until u get past Saturday and she'll have to shut up then!

i just want to tell her that i refuse to have him on that day and that i would rather have him on Christmas so he could have the same birthday as my little brother if we're all about sharing birthdays!!! hehe

lol - just hold it in for defo even if he tries to come on her bday!!

mines due my BILs bday, or if shes a week late, my sister or dads bday! x

So frustrating isn't it? I've got people telling me there's no-way i'm going to be overdue, they'd put a bet on it that she'll come early and i'm like 'no, she'll come when she's bloody ready' :hissy:

lol, ive only beed told a bunch of dates i cant have him on :/ it does get annoying after a while though...

MIL's they think they know it all :lol: fancy your MIL wanting the baby to come on her birthday or dear for the sake of your baby I pray your baby dosen't come on her birthday :lol:

I'm due the day before my oh grandads birthday but 3 days after his mums so i want her 3 days early so she can be a nanna on her birthday and she's told me not to have her then so i'm gonna make sure she comes if not i'll pop her out for his grandads birthday. Don't have to buy them presents then they've got a bundle off joy. Hehe. Try too hold on till the 20th that will rattle her cage x

haha yes the day after would really make her mad! if i have him on the 25th (brother and aunt's birthday) or jan 1 (cousin's birthday) i should make a huge production of it haha.

the way she is acting makes me not even want her at the hospital when he's born. she's such a know-it-all... i mean she just KNEW he was a boy after all (lucky guess, hell she had a 50% chance of being right how hard can it be lol) but i don't want her there. because she'll come in and be like "ohhh he looks just like (one of her kids) when he was born!" or "oh he has my eyes" or something... i'll be like no he has HIS OWN eyes he looks like MY SON not yours lol

Oh how annoying!!!
I can sympathise... my MIL "just KNOWS" that the clothes I have bought won't fit because it's going to be a "big [{DH surname}] baby". Well I think it's going to be a petite [{my maiden name}] baby.

And she is also sure that I'm going to go into labour on Christmas Day.
And she is "praying" for a girl.

Nice.

Hang in there... we are nearly at the 19th and, from the 20th, she will soon shut up... :haha:

In the mean time, cross your fingers and your legs... :haha:

:hugs:

QT

Oh how annoying!!!
I can sympathise... my MIL "just KNOWS" that the clothes I have bought won't fit because it's going to be a "big [{DH surname}] baby". Well I think it's going to be a petite [{my maiden name}] baby.

And she is also sure that I'm going to go into labour on Christmas Day.
And she is "praying" for a girl.

Nice.

Medical research shows that the baby virtually ALWAYS favours the mother's build and not the father's family... This is evolution - since a baby needs to be born for both the baby and mother to survive (he may grow into a whopper later, but at birth he should be petite like you so that he is easily born). So my money is on a petite baby like you.... :winkwink:

QT

So don't have her there. Tell the L&D nurses that you only want certain people there and that the rest can see you when you're comfy and settled at home.

Yep I get this too, apparently my baby has to be born on the 1st of March or the 11th as thats MIL's brohters birthday or my Hubbys birthday, are babies not allowed their own birthdays or something?!

Dont get me started on MIL's, I could rant all day lol xx

i want my little poppy to have her own bday too! in the week she's due, theres my oh's bday, my mum's bday AND my FIL's!!! It's like giving birth bingo! Really hoping I go a little over so she has her own special day! Gonna be an expensive month!

My mil KNOWS I'm having a boy, she just knows...however I KNOW I'm having a girl as asked at scan, but she doesn't want confirmation, she just knows anyway...... ha ha ha

where do they get off?!!! Don't they remember what it was like when their' MIL's did it?
makes me sick!

LOL - my due date was dec 23rd yet my mil insisted (constantly) that my LO's bday would be dec 15.... only reason is that is what her psychic told her!!! Thing is that same psychic told her we were going to have a boy. That was obviously wrong according to every single scan we had! When we found out that we would probably be induced early cause my bp she thought I would hold out til the 15th.. im like no... the dr will decide. duh! I then said as long as she isnt born on my bday(dec 5). MIL didnt like hearing that at all- my dh was born on HER bday - & of course she thinks its the best thing in the world that the 2 of hem share bdays. Well my baby was born on Dec 2- so her pyschic was way off! :rofl:

Just try to ignore her - VERY hard I know!!

So don't have her there. Tell the L&D nurses that you only want certain people there and that the rest can see you when you're comfy and settled at home.

oh how i wish i could get away with this... but his whole family is going to be driving 80 miles to come see us at the hospital, and he'd get really upset with me if i told them that they couldn't come in. i could always blame it on crazy pregnancy hormones... hehehe :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->