• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Uh oh!

nikky0907

Reaction score
So far,Lola-Rose was pretty much sleeping throughout the night perfectly,waking up only once for a feed and she hardly ever cried.

Well,ladies,I have only now put her to sleep after not sleeping for 12 hours! She cried so much! For 2-3 hours straight and then she'd stop,I'm put her to sleep and she'd start again!
She usually loves the bottle,now she fed for 5 minutes and done!
Needless to say,I've never heard her cry so much,it made me so upset :cry:

Whats going on? Any advice on how can I soothe her?
I haven't slept or eaten anything in ages!

That or maybe a bad case of gas?

Could be,how do I know which is it and how do I make it better? :(

she perhaps has wind hun.

is she clenching her fists and bringing her knees up? if so, if could be wind. my little boy suffers from terrible wind, it is really upsetting to see him in so much pain. winding and feeding takes ages! by the time i have finished winding him he is due his next bottle!!!!

:hug:

hope you both feel better soon.

Christine
XXX

I haven't noticed her bringing her knees up but she is clenching her fists!
And yes,it takes ages to get her to start latch on the bottle and when she does,she's done after 5 minutes! :hissy:

Hope she feels better and settles for you soon. :hugs:

When was the last time she did a poo? Is she straining?

Or maybe she is just having a fussy day!

I changed her diaper about three hours ago,nothing unusual there (it wasn't hard or anything)...
Could she be colicky?

it could be an off day id she how she is over the next few days it could be colic my baby got it around 3 weeks old, if it is you can give infacol to help . Theres alot of advice on the other colic threads that would be alot of help for you if she does have it xxx

She could just be having an off day, Hannah has this sometimes even now. If it is trapped wind or an upset stomach it might help her if you put her against you (stomach lying against you)--sometimes the pressure and the heat helps. Also you can move her legs in a bicycle pattern while she's laying flat on the ground (if it's gas) and it might help her relieve herself.

Could be the first big growth spurt. Usually hits around 10+ days.

Aww, sweetie, hope Lola-Rose settles for you. I am thinking that she is gassy and may be causing her to be fussy and unsettled.

:hugs:

Well,she slept for about 4 hours,the woke up again and cried more.I massaged her tummy,it seemed to be doing the trick but as soon as I'd stop she'd start crying again,so I called the nurse in the postnatal department in my pedi office and she told me that it's likely colic and that she'll be around tomorrow to check it...
I'm trying to soothe her till then...she's really eating poorly too...:cry:

Awww :hug:

Im hoping that Lola-Rose is just having an off day

Maya had one a few days after I bought her home. It was awful but it got better :)

xxxx

Well,she slept for about 4 hours,the woke up again and cried more.I massaged her tummy,it seemed to be doing the trick but as soon as I'd stop she'd start crying again,so I called the nurse in the postnatal department in my pedi office and she told me that it's likely colic and that she'll be around tomorrow to check it...
I'm trying to soothe her till then...she's really eating poorly too...:cry:

Aww, poor little one! Hope she gets better! :hug:

Aww hun , ella went through these days too but abit later on. I also thought it was colic but just turned out to be really gassy.
I hope its just an off day like the others say and its not colic :hugs:

hope its just an off day hun, but sounds colicky to me. Rihanna suffers the same and takes hours n hours to settle some days and NIGHTS lol xxxx

sam suffered really bad tummy ache wen he was 3wks old the midwife told me to lay him across the top of my legs so he was laid on his tummy then rub his back for about 10 mins i found this worked really well
hope ur little 1 soon gets over it:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"