UK - Booking in Blood Test Results?

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

To anyone who has already had their first booking in appointment with the midwife, where they take your blood, does anyone know when the results of these come back? Or are they only likely to contact you if the results raise an issue that will need resolving like rhesus negative, antibodies, no immunisation to rubella etc etc?

Hi. Where I am (maybe it differs in different parts of the country?) the midwife takes the blood. If there is an immediate issue they call you, otherwise you find out at your next appointment when they write the results into your notes.

Yes my midwife took my bloods, i picked up my notes today and nothing in them though the blood was only taken last tuesday so perhaps not got results back yet. So if i dont hear anything i presume all is ok?

Each time I've had bloods taken at 8 weeks and heard nothing til my next appointment at 16 weeks x

My midwife told me I'd get a phone call within 3 days if there were any problems. She said if there was no phone call then I could presume all was fine x

I still haven't got mine back 10 weeks later lol But she did say at my second appointment (when she realised they were not in my notes) they go to the Dr surgery and they would have called if there was a problem x

Ah good thats all I wanted to know, if they would call if there was an issue rather than making you wait another 8 weeks till your next midwife appt and then telling you x

If you're worried about anything, I'm sure the midwives won't mind you calling.

I got told if there was any issues, they'd be in touch straight away otherwise they will tell me at my 15 week appointment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->