UK dentistry question

Kanichen34

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm currently 5w pregnant, due for my annual dental check next month. Currently registered as a private patient at a practise that does accept NHS patients. They switched me to private about 7 years ago when I missed my annual check up. (Haven't missed one since.)

Will I still be entitled to free NHS treatment? Or do I need to try and register as an NHS patient elsewhere?

Looks like I need a form to get free treatment, when do I get that? I have a midwife appt in 3 weeks. Do I need that before I go to the dentist?

Any help appreciated!

hey hun, yes you will need your maternity exemption certificate to prove that you are pregnant to get the dentist care for free hun. You should be able to stay with the same dentist though if they also provide nhs care. You should get the form for the maternity exemption at your first visit.. ask for it if she does not give you one (I got mine in a bounty pack). Send it off asap and if its not back before your dental appointment then just re-arrange it for a week or 2 later when you might have your card through. x

Yes we do, I only found this out last month. I am a denplan patient, anyways plan now on hold and I just see an NHS dentist within my practice until baby is 1.

You will need to register as an NHS patient instead. I'm in the same situation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->