UK girls - when did you first see the midwife?

starstarstar

Reaction score
Hey :)

I found out I was pregnant with my second last week and could not remember for the life of me from last time when I should book in to see the midwife. The NHS website says to book in as soon as you find out you are pregnant so I phoned my doctors and they made me an appt with the midwife as you don't need to see the doctor first. I'll only be 5w 2 days when I see her and I'm just wondering whether she'll actually do anything or whether she'll just tell me to make a later appt.

Does anyone have any idea? When did you see the midwife first?

:)

Congratulations :flower:

I'm not sure if you would need another appointment or not.

I called at 6 weeks, I did see the doctor at 7, saw midwife at 9 xx

Midwifes like to see you between 8-10 weeks. But that's not strict by any means

I saw her at five weeks for booking in, but she saw me earlier than usual because of my work commitments. I don't see her again until 16 weeks.

Congratulations!

I saw my midwife at 8 weeks then booked in with her at 10 weeks. She told me I'll see her next at 16 weeks x

Saw mine at 8 weeks for booking in app
Then didnt see her again until 16 weeks and have next app at 25 weeks xx

Hi, I found out I was pregnant at 4weeks so I went to the doctor as soon as.. I was then seen by the mid wife at 8weeks for my booking app to get bloods etc taken and then had my first scan at just over 11weeks.

With my first I saw the mw at 8 weeks but they do things differently where I'm living now so I don't see her until next Monday.

I was about 9/10 weeks when I first saw midwife for booking in x

I had to see nurse first at about 7 weeks, then my main midwife appt (to get paper notes etc) is this week so near 10 weeks xx

I am booking in tomorrow (10+2 by ov date) but 11 weeks by LMP!

I have my scan date though x

She should still do your booking forms and everything. My paperwork got lost so I didn't see the midwife til I was nearly 10 weeks and I'll be nearly 14 weeks when I have my scan. Congratulations.

I had an early scan with the EPU, so booked my further scan dates there, if we chose to have more. I'm not booking in with community midwives, and they didn't bother chasing me last time till the day after I'd given birth, hehe, but in general they like to see ladies before 12 weeks. I've just passed my referral paperwork to my GP to get booked in with 121, who respect my choices for tests and the birth etc. :thumbup:

Oh good, that's all made me feel a bit better that it won't be a wasted trip :)

Thanks guys x

My first appt. is on Friday and i'll be just under 6wks.

I phoned my doctors yesterday but can't get to see him until I'm 10 weeks and I'm not allowed to make my booking in appointment with my midwife until after then so the earliest I'll see her is 11 weeks probably closer to 12

I saw my GP at 7 weeks, but can't get an appointment with the midwife until I'm 11w4d!!! I'll be 9 weeks on Friday so will try and get a message to the midwife this week so she can at least get the ball rolling in advance with getting my bloods done and get my scan booked in! x

I've got my booking in appointment with midwife on Thursday so I will be 9 weeks. Have already got my scan date through as my GP got the ball rolling with that when I went to see her at 5 weeks.

In 2012 I was 8weeks when I saw the midwife, told the midwife I was having a miscarriage and the stupid cow (was a temp) wouldn't believe me.
In 2013 I was 10 weeks when I saw the midwife.

I'm guessing since its now 2014 I'll be 12 weeks as I haven't heard anything from the midwife as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->