UK ladies, booking appointment and 12 week scan?

DreamCatcher_

Reaction score
Just looking for advice regarding the booking appointment and 12 week scan (which probably won't be at 12 weeks hah).

I can't go by my first pregnancy as I was 16 and in shock, so I don't really remember much. Plus, tht was 7 years ago now and my memory isn't the best.

I found out I was pregnant on the 11th September and had my first appointment with the MW on the 22nd Sept when she said I was 5+4. During thi appt MW made it clear that it was not my booking appointment and I did not get booked in for a scan or receive my hand held notes. She told me a letter would be sent detailing both of these. I am now 9ws according to MW and I've still not had a letter through at all, should I be worried they've possibly forgotten me and/or the letter has been lost? Or is it normal to wait this long?

I know there are lots of pregnant women and MWs, gps and nurses are far too overworked so I don't want to pseter them, but I'm unsure when I should chase things up/when I should.

When did you have your booking appointment and first scan? When did you get the letter for each? Is it normal to wait so long without contact?

I saw my GP at 8+2 for a midwife referral and she booked my booking in for me on the computer during the appointment.

Booking in will be at 9+6 for me, I haven't received a date for my scan yet but when I had a mc just before falling pregnant this time I got an appt letter through the post about a week after seeing my GP so I assume it is on the way.

Every area is different though so maybe give them a ring?

I had a telephone call from the midwife at 8.5weeks to book my booking app which I had at 10w1d she sent of for the scan (on the tuesday) and arrived the saturday and it is booked for this thursday 12w3d

Give them a call if you are concerned. I know its different in different areas. I didnt even see a gp just went to reception and refered myself to the midwives.

Hope this helps xx

I've been waiting 3 weeks just to get an appointment with the Dr so he can refer me to the MW. Never had to do that before I usually just booked in with MW. I'm hoping I get a scan at 12 weeks but it's cutting it fine! I would ring them up just in case x

I didnt want my booking in till at least 10weeks so I waited then I ended up having scan first before my app x

Hello :) I've just joined here, hope I'm ok to chip in? I'm 10+3 weeks . I live in Yorkshire and I had my booking appointment with the midwife (I take it by that you mean the hour long appointment of questions and blood tests?) at 8 weeks (I just rang my doctor and said I had a positive test and they booked me right in) and during that appointment my midwife rang the hospital and booked my scan there and then on the phone. It's on Halloween and I'll be 12 weeks and 4 days.. by the sound of it, I've been quite lucky with how easy and efficient it all was! I do have a really great doctors surgery, they've been so helpful with my morning sickness woes!

I'd give them a phone tbh. I was the same gestation as you were at my initial mw appointment and she gave me the date for my booking in appointment via post the next day. I'm having mine at 9 weeks as she wants me to have had my reassurance scans prior to this (previous losses) and will book my 12 scan at this. I think giving them a quick ring at this stage isn't uncalled for them: just explain that you know normally the appointment is around 8 weeks and want to make sure that you didn't miss a letter.

Good luck :)

I'm going to give them a call during the week to see how things are. I really want the nuchal testing and I know it needs to be done by 13+6 which, although 5 weeks away, will fly by!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->