Uk ladies- lo's wearing vests this week in the heat?

dizzy2012

Reaction score
Possibly a naive question but are your Los still wearing vests? He had a short sleeve t and linen pants with vest yesterday but he did look hot and it's set to be hotter today :) !

Just wondering if its ok to leave him without a vest- was always told one layer more than me but I'm always gonna have one layer on iyswim?!

I've been putting lo in a romper suit if we're going out in the pram or just a short sleeved vest if we're going in thw car to visit family. Anything else and he goes bright red with the heat! Xx

Lol I agree I'll always be wearing one layer!!! I know what you mean!

LO has still been in a sleeveless vest with sleeveless dress. She's also still in a vest at night but that's mainly because she crawls out of her blanket so I don't think she's too hot when she has no covers.

We are in Pembs this week and its roasting. we put her in a dress yesterday (no vest) as it was just so hot. I think it depends more on the outfit, but i think i may avoid a vest and if she then gets cold use a cardie?

LO has been wearing short babygros (short sleeves, short legs - is that a romper?) without a vest, but with socks if we go out/she feels cool in the house.

Maddie is - but she feels the cold more than the heat... but we're on the no sleeve vests now!! And if it starts getting warmer in the mornings we'll start wearing just a vest and bottoms with no socks... Just when we leave the house it's still 7/8 degrees!! xx

My Lola is still in vests, but under sleeveless dresses. I pop socks and a cardy on in the morning. She has some lovely dresses bought as gifts but they are not as soft as what she normally wears, so I like a vest as its nice and soft against her tummy :0)

No DD has not been wearing a vest. She's been wearing little pant things over her nappy to keep it up instead and I take a light cardie with us if she needs and extra layer at some point.

Robyn is like me and gets cold quite easily, she has been wearing 2 layers so either a vest and lightweight outfit, or a summer dress with tights and cardigan so I can take off/put on as necessary. But then I'm still in my jeans! i don't feel right her having bare legs until I get my shorts out!

Yesterday she did just wear a dress but she was in the carrier and I didn't want her getting too hot.

At night she's in short sleeve vest, sleepsuit, and 1 tog sleeping bag (which is the same thickness as her sleepsuit), I have the windows open in her room during the day to air it out but close them when she goes to bed because of the noise and to keep the temperature the same.

Mine is still wearing vests - short sleeves or sleeveless in the day with a t-shirt over. Its still chilly when the sun goes in! At night normally iv put long sleeved vest on its own with sleeping bag but last night did short sleeve.

Izzy is asleep on me just in her nappy. I think she feels the heat like I do. A few nights ago she was wearing just a short sleeved vest at bedtime instead of her sleeping back on top too. But she didn't sleep great, not cold, but her legs free wakes her up. So last night she was in her 1.5 tog sleeping back but no vest underneath, slept better! So I'm getting a thinner sleeping bag from Ikea later to keep her cool in the heat at night.
Daytime she's been wearing a short sleeved vest and sleepsuit and I've kept her as cool as possible.

My lil dude still wears a vest, i dont like it when tops ride up their backs personally, if its lightweight dungarees then its a vest underneath but if its a romper (short sleeves and short legs) then I dont bother, all depends on the outfit :) no socks and a hat! x

Mine is going sans vests this week with all the heat, just a nappy and a long sleeved sleepsuit. Oh! And a hat for the sun of course! :)

Zondon

I'm in two minds what to do about the old vest debate. It's meant to be 22 degrees here today it was 23 yesterday and I kept her vest on. So I think I'll still do vest with a day dress and frilly socks with hat and cardie for later not forgetting the ever important sunscreen.

My daughters been in dresses and t-shirts this week I have used vests for around 2 months now during the day only use them at night.

We are wearing vests. No offence to anyone, but I have a real thing about babies not wearing vests:blush:

Having said that...yesterday the girls ended up in just their vest!! Started with vest, leggings and a light t-shirt and over the course of the day each layer was pealed off until we just had a vest on :haha:

Today, we are wearing and vest and romper. Am going out soon so will add some socks and hat (and sunscreen...my dad is a big sunscreen fan and was texting me all day yesterday to check I was reapplying the sunscreen...factor 50 all the way!!!)

He's normally in a short romper in sunny weather but if we're at home having a lazy day and he gets too hot I just sit him in just his vest. :thumbup:

Romper with no vest today :) if he's wearing a t shift ill put a vest on him as I don't his skin being out when it rises up, this is why he mostly spends hot days in rompers!

Mine is still wearing a vest i worry he'll get cold only just over two weeks old he has a romper, vest and socks on today

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->